Review of @Chronic Unlocks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by accounti, Dec 12, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 4, 2012

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

2. macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2010
    the burrows
    I've only heard POSITIVE things about Chronic Unlocks. It's who I would use.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 4, 2012

Ok thanks. Do you know how much time does he need to do it ?
  4. macrumors regular

Nov 26, 2012
    Ebay IMEI Unlocks

Recognized it was for fido this is what I found-

pretty expensive if it was for at&t it would be much cheaper like $2
  5. macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2010
    I got my AT&T iPhone 5 unlocked through him. Took 24-48 hours, mainly because it was during a sale and he had a high volume. You have nothing to worry about in working with him. Unlock wise he's one of the best around now.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2011
    I am also need an iphone 5 FIDO unlocking too! Chronic charge about 150! I found a shop in vancouver would do it for 110, but right now the unlocking for fido/roger is on a hold and no one is offering at this time. The other day I just unlocked an iphone 5 AT&T for 3 bucks:rolleyes:
  7. LapsangSouchong, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012

macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2010
    the burrows
    I just asked my buddy, who DID use chronic and he said he was charged $35USD. Why is it so much more for FIDO?
  8. macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2011
  9. macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2010
    the burrows
    Nah, he wanted to use Chronic. Sometimes cheapest isn't best. If I do it, I'll use chronic as well.
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 4, 2012

Why is it on a hold ? Can you detail please ?

Thank you all for your answers !! Don't know why it is so much ... Must be harder to do than ATT
  11. macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2011
    $2.48 VS $35 !!! Fusion_unlock unlocked my iphone within 1 hour!
  12. macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2014
    Be very wary!!

RE Chronic Unlock Service. I Do Not Recommend this company. As I write this post I have been waiting over a month for an Express unlock service for an Iphone4, a Non responsive support center and noticed lots angry comments on Facebook, so at this stage not a postive outcome I would NOT recommend, I will keep you posted.
  13. macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2014
    Chronic Unlocks

Don't use these people - if you have a Canadian provider they will unlock for half the price as long as your contract is in good standing.

I sent them a request to unlock and they charged my credit account immediately. Its been several weeks and nothing has happened. I contacted them several times through their website and never received the courtesy of a response.

I did it through Rogers for $50CDN instantaneously. I have requested Chronic Unlocks to cancel and refund. Still no response.

Don't waste your time.
  14. luffy-kun, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2008
    Over 2 months and nothing

Same here, I paid for the unlock 2 months ago, still nothing.
    He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.
    I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?
  15. macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2014
    If it helps, I had my iPhones recently unlocked from -- all 3 completed in about a weeks time, and communication was great.
  16. macrumors newbie

Sep 16, 2014
    Chronic Scam

Is a complete scam. I ordered an unlock from this guy like 3 months ago. To date still nothing. I emailed several times, no answers. He will send an email after a month or so, just to make sure you will not contact PayPal. After the 45 day limit set by PayPal he will disappear with your money and there in nothing you can do about it.
    Stay away from chronic unlocks, unless you are willing to sponsor his Vegas escapades.
  17. macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
    My 5S unlocked was rejected by ATT with chronic and they refunded my money pretty quick. I also imessaged Will and he was quick to respond (within a few hours) Though the service didn't unlock my phone, they did refund my money as promised.

But great first post though. :rolleyes:
  18. macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2008
    Catalina Wine Mixer
  19. macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2014

They will try to scam your money, STAY AWAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARN.
  20. macrumors member

Sep 19, 2014
    There are so many scammers in the unlock business, Chronic Unlocks has to be one of the biggest scammers as he operates under a cloak of respectability as a former Dev team member with the jailbreak community.

Guess he's gone rogue , they scammed me too.:(

I used iPhone Unlock Guys for an AT&T iphone 6 unlock recently, can't give definite opinions for sure, but they did unlock my iPhone 6 a couple days ago pretty fast, in 2 days.

They look professional and were responsive with messages -
  21. macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2015
    Chronic Unlocks is an INSIDIOUS/CHEATED internet company now. This company has been doing BAD by NOT fulfilled the unlocking jobs with customers, so I posted a TRUTH/HONEST feedback here to alert everyone but ****ING Chronic Unlocks just remove my posting. ****ING STINKY CHEATED DOG is Chronic Unlocks.
  22. macrumors 68040

Oct 31, 2009
    A Natural State
    We know this. Why didn't you? Thanks for reviving a dead thread though.
  23. macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2011
    Who can unlock my old iPhone 5s from sprint. I didn't ask for an unlock when I switched from sprint to att.
  24. macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2014
    Check out samunlocks, their prices are reasonable and service is pretty excellent as well from my personal experience. Others have also recommended them.