Review of iPodHifi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crazycat, Apr 2, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Ok i would like to write a review of teh iPodHifi, so here it goes.

I bought my iPodHifi from ebay as it was not available im my country yet, everything went very well and i recived it shortly after i won the auction. I set up the iPodHifi in my living room with airport express so that i can connect it without wires. I do not use it with my iPod but some of my friends do and it works really well.

Sound quality:

Its not the best in the world, if you have a $1,000 stereo already then do not think you will be replacing it anytime soon with the iPodHifi. The song is good, very good but not as good as the high end stuff you can get, for the price and size its the best you can get. In my living room it sounds great, the sound quality is high and is clear.

Size:

This thing is small, its about 2 hands wide, 1 hand tall and just under 1 hand deep. I am sorry i do not want to measure it. It can fit well nearly any place.

Easy of use:

Its an apple product but its more simple to use then anything i have ever used before. I connected the power, connected it to my airport express and it works.

Overall:

I am happy with the iPodHifi, i do not have to spend lots of money or waste a lot of space for good audio. I was used to listening to music via my laptop or iPod but once i got thr iPodHifi i play my music with no wires and just have a blast. If you already have a stero system then its not worth it to get the iPodHifi, if you dont want to spend much money or waste some space then its your choice. The reason why i have so much good things to say abotu the iPodHifi is because of the setup, if you dont have a good setup then you wont enjoy it.

If you have any questions i will be glade to answer them here.

2. Whistleway macrumors 6502

Thanks for the review. It helps.

3. iShane macrumors 6502a

I'm kinda mad that I bought some JBL On Stage speakers about a month ago. These things look kinda cool.

4. verozov macrumors regular

verozov

Just wondering...

how much did you end up paying for it (including shipping?)

5. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

thanks for the review, I am thinking about picking this up now...

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Nice one. How loud can you listen to music bought from iTMS before it starts to distort?

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

How loud is loud? Got a dB meter? It probably goes up to 11. ;)

8. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

:p Just in general e.g. Loud enough for the living room, loud enough for a party, loud enough to make your ears bleed etc. etc. :) Just wondering how well 128kbps AAC goes on an iPod HiFi.

9. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

They had one of these cranked at the local electronic store (Best Buy)... and it was loud enough to make your ears bleed for sure. It was a warehouse type of store and you could hear it from pretty far.

10. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

i got the chance to test one of these in an almost empty apple store. I was suprised by the quality of the sound, especially with respect to the units size. However, when standing further away from the hifi (about 3 or 4 meters) the bass dropped off considerably. Which was dissapointing. I wouldn't use this in a party situation, it doesn't have enough bass, however for day to day use it would be great, especially to get music that loud outside!

11. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I own the iPod HiFi and compared to the Bose iPod speaker system that cost $299 that my room mate owns, the iPod HiFi blows it away. It seems like a much higher quality product.

I also use it as a Alarm clock every morning and it wakes me up. I tossed my prior Alarm clock to a friend.

12. backupdrummer macrumors regular

backupdrummer

Has anyone run the hifi off of batteries? How long at a casual listening level did it last? Does it charge the iPod from teh batteries?

13. Tmog macrumors member

Batteries

I'm using batteries in the Ipod HiFi and it is working excellent. Its 9000 mAh rechargebles and they run around 5 hours (depending on volume). When it is on batteries it does not recharge the Ipod UNTIL the Ipod gets low on power - smart way to conserve the power and maximise the playing time of the HiFi.

What is missing is more funtions on the remote - why add a menu button if it does not have any purpose????? All you can do is to turn the volume up and down and chose which number to play in the active playlist.