Review: Overflow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Jan 8, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

At this moment in time I am very bored as it is another 2 weeks until I go back to university and I have nothing else better to do that write a few software reviews for everyone out there. A few days ago I wrote a bit about the Belkin Switch2 so I thought I would do a few more. This one is on Oveflow

Overflow is an application launcher that you can split into different sub topics so you can easily navigate around your mac without having loads of icons in your dock. The main advantage is that on a laptop screen I find that being able to use the extra space at the bottom of the screen really useful and I also use Expose a lot more to access Overflow off my desktop. It is also fully customisable so you can do almost anything you want with it.

[​IMG]

The only implreovemnts I would like to see are to make the application more like a widget. When you open OverFlow you get the ripple, and when you close OverFlow you get that widget style dissapearance into the X button. Appart from that i think this is a great application and it has alomst totally replaced my dock. It costs around $15. They also offer a 30 day trial.

My OverFlow:

[​IMG]

2. majorp macrumors 6502

3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I am playing around with starting a blog with my .mac account. You can find it here

I suppose I would keep it updated more if I knew people where reading it!