Review: Pad & Quill's Lowry Cuff Is a Well-Made Apple Watch Band for Large Wrists

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 22, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With its lineup of Apple Watch accessories launching since the device's debut last year, Pad & Quill has been steadily expanding its roster of made-for-Apple products with new bands and docks. I've previously gotten my hands on the company's Classic Watch Band and Timber Catchall and Timber Nightstand Apple Watch docks, and while some of them appealed to me more than others -- the Timber Catchall was simply too large for me at the end of the day -- the company's quality was evident in everything I saw.

[​IMG]

As a more masculine alternative to the Classic Watch Band, Pad & Quill has also started offering the $129.95 Lowry Leather Cuff for the Apple Watch, exclusively for the larger 42mm models. The design of the band extends slightly beyond the case of the Apple Watch itself, adding a stocky look to Apple's already thick wearable device. The Lowry Cuff has a few minor quibbles that resurface on a daily basis (mainly centering around the accessory's overall size), but they never overshadow Pad & Quill's quality aesthetic, especially for anyone looking for a larger band like this.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Pad & Quill's Lowry Cuff Is a Well-Made Apple Watch Band for Large Wrists

2. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

3. Bray-dog macrumors newbie

Bray-dog

With all that leather...how are you supposed to feel any haptic feedback?

4. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Actually wasn't really an issue, never missed a text or activity notification, and I don't have prominent feedback turned on.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Looks a lot cheaper than the sticker price. Especially that stitching.

6. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

"Well crafted"? The leather is poorly finished and the stitching is messy at best.

7. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502

More masculine

If 'masculine' now means 'looks cheap and nasty'

8. Norbury macrumors member

Norbury

9. macmedal macrumors regular

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

11. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Pad & Quill's junk must be made in the same Chinese factory as all of the other Apple watch band clones.

The leather looks terrible & the stitching is awful. You can get the same quality for $30 from Amazon & save yourself $100.

12. CyberBob859 macrumors 6502

I bought this band, with a little bit of remorse. I mostly agree with the review, and the comments here. The clasping is awkward, and sits sideways as the picture shows. I was surprised by how it barely fits around my wrist, and I by no means have a thick wrist. And the comments about the stitching is spot on - definitely not as tight and good looking as other straps I own.

If this was half the price, I may recommend it to somebody who wants a different look. But at $130, I think there are better options out there.

13. johnnyturbouk macrumors demi-god

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    That's putting it politely, it looks hideous.
    I'll stick to my $2 white wristband that Apple charged me £35.

14. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Absolutely hideous. That thing will soak up sweat and become a biohazard in six months use. Disgusting.

15. 3p1cR1d3r macrumors newbie

3p1cR1d3r

I did spent the money on this band, I ordered the black one; the band looked very nicely crafted right out of the box, the stitching was tight and looked perfectly fine, this is a fine made in the USA product.

16. DUCKofD3ATH macrumors 6502

DUCKofD3ATH

I'm confused. You said the Timber Catchall was too big for your wrist and that the Lowry band is for larger wrists.

Are the Timber Catchall's designed for Andre the Giant's wrist? Because it looks like the Lowry band on your wrist in the pics is near to the last hole on the strap.

17. ryanasimov macrumors regular

It looks like a regular watch band with an extra piece. I'd say it resembles a cuff, but isn't actually a cuff.

18. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68000

TheAppleFairy

19. jimmysalg macrumors member

I received one as a Christmas present. I absolutely love it. I think the review is pretty accurate and that the band should be longer. Other than that I would disagree that its poor quality.

20. jonnysods macrumors 68040

jonnysods

I have to say, I love wide cuff watch bands, but that thing is ugly as.

21. larrylaffer macrumors 6502

larrylaffer

Can you imagine how sweaty and smelly that's going to get?