Reviews for Mac/PC products

Discussion in 'Community' started by justin182, Feb 28, 2003.

1. justin182 macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm helping some friends with a review site they are starting up. I will be reviewing hardware for the site and its pretty much anything goes. I'm going to to try and use a little Mac persuasion in the articles, nothing blatant though.

I've decided to use Apple's strategy! I'll start with the iPod, then review digital cameras and note how easy they are to download pictures from using iPhoto. Simple for these die-hard PC users.

So I'd like to ask for your help on what path to proceed on. I'm not familiar with the technical underpinnings that unix provides, but I'd like to include that too.

Thanks for any help. By the way, the site is called
  2. justin182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2003

Thanks for all the replies. Most helpful.
  3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Re: Thanks

Ahhhh... sarcasm. The tell-tale sign of a scorned newb...

Specific Q's might yield specific replies but don't expect people to do your work for you.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    The only advice I have, is don't let your mac (I like to call it)
    zealotism cause your reviews of PC products to be biased, and
    untrue. I've seen many mac users here put down PC's for
    stupid reasons, that are spawned from their zealotism with
    macs. But as long as you give reasons for your claims that make
    sense, and you aren't biased in your opinions, then I won't have
    a problem with your reviews. ;)
  5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    I'm getting ready to put my final review of the IBM ThinkPad T30 that I evaluated. I'm being 100% honest about the laptop, pointing out it's good points and bad (ALL computers have good and bad points). Just like I did with the two digital cameras from Canon.

I need to call my IBM contact to find out when I will see the next in the laptop line from IBM.