Revolution 7.1 and Mac OS X 10.3

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jbooo, Oct 21, 2003.

1. jbooo macrumors member

Well I am bummed... I bought the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 Sound Card and although it is an awesome card on Mac OS X 10.2.8 it doesn't seem to work on OS 10.3 7b85... The drivers install and the control panel opens but I can only get 2 channel sound in any program despite the fact that the drivers list support for 10.3 on M-Audio's site... This sucks... anyone else have any better luck?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Are those the updated drivers that were released after 10.2.8?

3. jbooo thread starter macrumors member

Re: Are these the latest drivers?

YUP!!! Driver version 1.2.7 released on 09-23-03. I only get 2 channel audio no matter what program and even with circle surround II enabled

4. jbooo thread starter macrumors member

RE: Revolution 7.1 and Mac OS X 10.3 7b85

Are other people with Revolution 7.1 cards are having the same issues? Do they work with any other build of Panther? Please post your replies ASAP so we can get this issue fixed. Thanks everyone>

By the way, I reported it to M-Audio and of course they gave the standard reply... OS X 10.3 7b85 has not officially been released so we cannot offer support for it yet but thanks for the info we will forward it to our driver support personnel.

Something like that anyway, no direct quote.

So it WILL be fixed shortly.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's as they should reply. They cannot guarantee operation with a beta operating system.

Considering the quickness of their update for 10.2.8, I would say that they're certainly cooperative. :)

I would have a Revolution but I couldn't wait and bought a sonica.