Revolution before Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Nintendo has said that the Revolution will be out before Thanksgiving. Iwata also said he did not think it would sell well at a cost of 50,000 yen (~$450), so it will be below that.

Personally I was hoping he'd say it needs to be around 20,000 yen or lower. Sigh.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/681/681783p1.html

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Ouch... 'Till before November seems like a such a long time...
    When does the PS3 come out?

As long as the Rev. comes out before the PS3 its should be all good... And I wouldn't mind paying ~250-300USD for it either. It seems to be the sweet spot. Anything over 300 is just too much for any system.

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Yeah, November is a long time away, though he did say he wanted it out *before* Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is before Thanksgiving . . . . . . :rolleyes:

4. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

":rolleyes:" indeed. From what I recall, Nintendo said they wanted to lauch before the Xbox 360 [They wanted to launch 1st... Before the competition]

5. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Ah Nintendo, why do you taunt us so?

6. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Because they can

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, they always stated that they will launch before the PS3, not 360.

9. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

No... It was waaay long ago [Before the revolution even had a code-name], during the mid-life of the GC. Nintendo was determined to "Not be last again" and how they wanted to launch way before the competition... This was in a EGM magazine IIRC...

Not kidding.

10. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Didn't they say it'd definatly be under $200? Cuz I remember them saying that

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, I read it too, they said they were determined not to be last again and would make sure they would launch waaaaay before the PS3 (they never specificly said before the XBox 360).

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That was IGN, not Nintendo.

13. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Are you sure?... I thought I remembered that article clearly...

And yeah, they never specefied before the 360, I only pointed it out because it was the first next-gen system from the competition...

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm fairly certain, though I think I read it from IGN, not EGM.

I always remembered reading that Nintendo was saying they would not let Sony beat them to the punch again, etc, but didn't consider Microsoft as big a threat as Sony.

15. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Lets hope the Revolution makes it onto the market prior to the PS3. Nintendo does not need to be last this time. It would also be great if this came out in the summer instead of around Thanksgiving. That way we don't have to worry about shortages.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

November.

18. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Wasint nintendo last to release their gamecube? or was that the xbox. Lets hope the revolution will be more successful than the gamecube.

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The XBox and GameCube launched within 3 days of each other, don't remember who was last.

20. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I specifically remember reading it from a physical magazine, and the only one I read is EGM. Unless IGN also published what Nintendo said, so we may have the same information interpreted differently from each publisher. But yeah, Nintendo didn't want to be beaten to the market again. So at least we got that right... Lets hope the oblige.

Nintendo was last.

21. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

Such a long wait :(

I'd hate to see Nintendo last out the door again, but as long as it's out before Thanksgiving I honestly don't think order will effect Revolution's sales as much as Gamecube's. For some reason Nintendo doesn't seem to worry or care about Xbox, whenever they mention not being last it's always in reference to the PS3. As far as price, I'm still thinking $199.

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Because Microsoft and Nintendo's sales numbers worldwide are currently so close that Nintendo insists they are in second place. The most accurate numbers I can find had Microsoft in the lead, but that was February 2005, and the lead was tiny.

Meanwhile, Sony outsold either of them almost five times.

23. takao macrumors 68040

takao

personally i'm guessing more towards an october launch for the US and perhaps september for japan ... my guess is that if they sell out (or have a DS like situation) at launch they still have time to produce some for winter shopping season

the dev systems are rumoured to have 85% power already and full power dev kits are about to arrive in the next 2 months
    so i guess their time plan is working out without delays...