Revolution day?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Doesn't look offical at all, looks like it's counting down to when that guy does his keynote thing.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'd say it's a safe bet that there is nothing official about it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

If it is... it's the most pathetic official I've ever seen. Those graphics really suck.

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

i thought it looked a little off. the typeface is a bit strange. and the whole "can you handle it?" thing is a little cheesy.

but. im not sure. maybe its a pretend-fake site set up by Nintendo? or associate.
    pretty sure the Confirmed Details bit is brand new too. as in not there when i posted the link.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's counting down to Tokyo Games Show which is where a lot of fans believe it will be.

It's 100% unofficial. It's registered to an individual in france, NOT Nintendo.

8. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

i think it's unofficial too...

but just it's not registered to nintendo doesn't make it fake... there is a little thing called viral marketing. the issue is that this site isn't giving away anything interesting. at all. so it doen't appear to be inticing you or spreading "rumors" which would lead one to believe it's just a personal site.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm trying to figure out where this urban legend comes from.

From the site:
    Nintendo's press release says:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&page=home

As I understand this, it has 512 MB of flash BUILT IN, not slots for flash CARDS.

and as for slots;

It's slots for SD flash cards of any size, not 512 MB.

Am I understanding this right? How come all these web sites are claiming that the memory cards are 512 MB, when in fact Nintendo said that it uses SD cards of any size and has 512 MB built in?

10. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Anyone who thinks that's official :eek: Even the title is enough. That font... does it look like a Nintendo font?

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

thats the thing, it may look unofficial but there are rumours and echoed murmurs out there that say this has been started by NoE (the french thing gives it away, even though NoE's headquarters are in Germany).

IF it was Nintendo, and they had announced it. it'd look all flashy and modern. they'd be accused of hyping it up. as of now its been reporters and non-nintendo accounts of how brilliant the Rev is. if it IS a flop then all this built up hype will be backfired against the original hypers, not Nintendo.

they're playing it smart.

... or the site could just be a fan site :D

12. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Wow! If all I have to do to get noticed is create a blog about the Revolution, then I guess that is exactly what I will do.

Hickman