Revolution - I know

Discussion in 'Games' started by BrianDavid0523, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    I know what the Revolution is - and I will reveal my information a day before it's launch at the Nintendo World store in NYC.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Uh huh. You're the same guy that just said Metroid Prime Hunters is being bumped to Revolution, right?

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

The mere fact that you posted that information here proves that you don't know :p Either that, or that you're gonna get fired sometime soon... :rolleyes:

4. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Which is when, exactly?

I want to believe you, but I'm kind of sick of this "Nintendo rumor mill" that has done little but hype and dissapoint ad naseum.

First it was Aries, Osaka, On, the N-Game, then the day before E3, then the press conference, then the day after, then Liepzig, then the day after that, then the week after, then TGS, then SpaceWorld, now the World Store.

I think we'll know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop before we know what the Revolution is... (mods, we need an apathetic smily ;) )

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Don't believe him, he's obviously making stuff up after the other thead where he claimed Metroid Prime Hunters is being delayed so it will be on Revolution.

You forgot SeriousGamer btw ;)

6. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I don't really believe a word Osaka Tanaka and SeriousGamer say (especially the later as he admitted to being fake but keeps on going).

These people are skilled in marketting, making comments to make people keep reading without ever actually giving info.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you sir, smell! a day before launch... hah. sorry. but i've learnt to take things like this with a bucket of salt.

9. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

And I will reveal what the Revolution is after the launch. Stay tuned for uber 733t info, omfgwtfbbq! :rolleyes:

10. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

11. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, I'm not going to jump Brian, but I need something more than that statement.

We'll at least see if he's right about the Nintendo World store.

12. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I just don't understand the motivation for making a statement like this. What's the difference between breaking an NDA now versus 3 weeks from now?

Supposedly we haven't seen the Revolution for fear that Sony and M$ would steal the idea, right? Sony still has plenty of time to steal "it" if they announce in the next month. Hell, Sony hasn't shipped beta kits to devs yet so I don't see what Ninty's motivation is.

Unless... what if, just what if the Revolution will ship this year? We've heard it's as powerful as the 360. M$ is likely already producing 360's in limited quantities. They will have full scale production within 6 weeks. If Nintendo shows off the Rev soon, Sony can still steal the idea... unless they announce 6 weeks before they ship and beat Sony to market. This would be awesome.

13. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

me too me too me too!!!!

lol...I posted this a little while back on this thread and basically it all boils down to this:

gyro with tilt sensitive rumble?

This is kinda interesting, but if its true, Im not sure how excited I am over it.... I mean... I was kind of expecting more but ... maybe once you use it, its better then it sounds..lol...I dunno. Anyway, here's the article!

Every three seconds a child is born, and every four seconds someone has a new idea as to what Nintendo’s next controller will be. We’ve heard them all, and we have seen thousands upon thousands of artist renditions - like the one pictured right - predicting Nintendo’s next business move. It is popular enough to be its own industry, frankly. Matthew Gallant of Computer Games Magazine has his own belief on the Revolution’s new feature, and although he probably has as much of an idea as the next guy (or girl), I think what he proposes is a pretty good idea, even if it’s not Nintendo’s big plan. His proposal is a combination of gyroscopes and the rumble technology to simulate “friction” when you move the controller too far out of range.

For example, say you are flying Star Fox’s Arwing and you pull up on the controller to fly upwards; you can’t exactly pull the controller over your head because a) it’s impossible in a real life star fighter (I am assuming) and b) because the controller will rumble more and more aggressively as you try. Another trick Nintendo could do, on the same plan, would be separate rumble machines on the left and right of the controller (e.g. if you scrape your car against the left railing of the road, the left side of your controller would shake).

Gallant makes a few more good points on why Nintendo would consider this technology revolutionary – if they could make a controller like this that didn’t drain batteries in a day or so, I’d be impressed myself. What do you think?

14. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

oh and the fact that this guy doesnt give any time frame ....well.... lets just say .... LIAR!!!!! any way, here it is, we will know EVERYTHING about the Revolution and the controller on september 16th. Here's the article:

SPOnG can finally confirm the date by which the world will be relieved of the constant burden of wondering about what Nintendo’s Revolution controller actually is.

You’ll be pleased to know that a full explanation of Revolution will be made by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during his Tokyo Game Show keynote address. This news represents completely finalised Nintendo plans – Iwata will fully outline The Secret on 16th September 2005.

Nintendo is assembling key media to attend this year’s show, due to take place between 16th – 18th September 2005. Iwata will make his presentation of current activities at Nintendo. He will outline current projects and will then - unveil the Revolution in all its glory.

The Revolution presentation will include an explicit outline of the hardware and its controller and input mechanic, as well as illustrate exactly how it will work. It will go on to show games running on the system and how they make use of the technology.

Mario 128, or ‘New Mario’ as it is dubbed internally at Nintendo, is expected to be the star of the show.

SPOnG has a record of perfectly outlining what Iwata’s keynote addresses will entail. And we can tell you with 100% certainty that in the next three and a bit weeks, we’ll all be looking at Nintendo Revolution controller hardware and accompanying games. Exciting times indeed.

We’ll bring you updates as they break, as well as Tokyo Game Show coverage direct from the show floor. Let us know what you think, and drop any questions for SPOnG’s editorial staff in the forum below.