Revolution in May

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well, not a release, perhaps. But Nintendo have apparently been sending out messages regarding E3 2006.

This is it laddies n lassies! We will know the name and final form, gameplay vids are a definite. My guess is a price will be announced too and perhaps, just maybe, it will be in shops soon after.

Also today Nintendo announced that the Rev's CPU (codenamed Broadway) has been finalised. Its all ready to be shipped out to Nintendo or whatever happens from here on.

It's closing in.

2. Megatron macrumors regular

As someone who doesn't own an HD TV, I for one have high hopes for the Revolution.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

They're going to show all the games and hardware in May? Excellent! I can't wait to see Metroid Prime 3...*drools*

Mind posting a link though? Source? Thanks :)

EDIT: Rev's CPU finalized? LINK!

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Yes i want links to both articles as well please

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I'll buy it at launch. No ifs. :D

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I can't wait until it gets to Australia. On that schedule it should hit the Southern hemisphere just shy of the end of the decade! Thanks Nintendo for giving us plently of time to save up :p.

9. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, Nintendo do better outside of America so my guess is it will hit Japan first, next week europe, 2 weeks after Australia, then never because your typical US gamer wants his mediocre sports games ;)
    or not! I can imagine a very close release dates. Australia last, Europe 3rd but oh well.

10. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I can't wait! Hope I'll be able to afford it..!

11. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

Can't wait to see what else it can do. I think we're going to be in for some pretty fun times ahead.

I'll be joining the Revolution launch day no matter what.

12. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I'm definatly getting one myself, but it will be to supplement a PS3 or 360 not sure which one yet....

Anyway if they are announcing details of the Revo in May, it will probably not be coming out until summer at best, and if unlucky not until september/october....

WHich is a shame as i was really looking forward to getting my hands on one, In the eman time i plan to get a DS though the recent games released have really gotten me excited about the console,

Shadow

13. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

This is the one to get. I will get a PS3 and hopefully xbox, but this one is the one I know will work right on the first day. Nintendo rarely disappoints me.

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

As someone who does own an HDTV, I have high hopes for the Revolution. :p Simply put, I have never been more excited about the release of a video game console in my whole life. I believe we will see a June/July release (I hope... that means a birthday present for me).

I cannot wait for gameplay videos of Metroid Prime 3 either, as well as the new Smash Brothers game, and the release of the first Mario Party for the Revolution. My wife, not much of a gamer, played Mario Party 7 at KMart the other day, and said that it would be something she'd definitely play more. So, with the new interactive controller on the Rev, the minigames are going to be much more involved... ie: break the pinata, chop the tree, fishing games, etc.... Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod!

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

They're having the blowout in May, but according to Joystiq the CPU is finalized. They're already finalizing hardware. It could very well come out in the summer and Nintendo's just keeping it secret until the last minute.

16. Megatron macrumors regular

Right, well I've just heard a lot of talk about how the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are HD, etc, and that the xbox 360 really isn't all that impressive on a normal TV, etc. So it's nice to know that since the Rev isn't HD that's one less thing to worry about. But HD or not, i'm sure we're all going to love it. Cheers!

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

personally i changed from "buy DS untill end of this year and upgrade gaming PC next year" to "save money this year buy revolution next year and upgrade sometimes beyond 2006"

so i guess you can count me in rather close to launch.. perhaps i wait a month depends how much time i have on my hands

please for the love of god: don't launch in june in europe...

18. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll have my very own 720 HDTV come Christmas. and after seeing my mates Xbox playing Splinter Cell in nothing more than 480, well, if a 4 year old console can make 480 look that good I just cant wait to see what a brand new one will be able to accomplish graphics wise.

And yes :eek: If Retro ACTUALLY display a video of Metroid Prime 3 I will most likely faint! I kid ye not. I'd rate Prime 1 and 2 as the greatest games I've ever played. better than Ocarina, much better than FF7. Smash Bros too. I love Nintendo for doing this. take the 2 (not even arguably :D , MK and Smash Bros) best multiplayer games in existence and put them online is just too much :D

19. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

1) What is it with people and thinking that because something does HDTV, it won't do SDTV? There are so many people on 360insider saying that they're not going to get a 360 because it wont work with their current TV - "it needs HD"
    2) Whoever said the Rev doesn't do HD? It doesn't do HDTV at the moment, but it will quite possibly do HD (Nintendo said monitor, which probably means SVGA, which is higher than HD, anyway)

20. jdechko macrumors 68040

Agreed. Anyway, I dont even have the Component cables for the GC, I was just saying that I own an HDTV. I'm not really angry about Nintendo's decision to put off HD in the Revolution. Does anyone know if that includes 480p? I think that for now, 480p would look good enough for me (I use a universal S-Video adapter which looks great). Either way, Nintendo is putting gameplay ahead of graphics for which I applaud them.

I'm just so excited... the moment that the release date and price are announced, I'm going to start saving. I hope that between MP3, SSB, and some of the other huge first party titles, there's a Blockbuster game that comes out at the release. That would definitely give Nintendo a boost... having a great lineup at release with a HUGE game.

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

22. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Although I'm very skeptical on the Revolution (its ontroller at least) I will buy at launch if I can...especially if it's $200. Nintendo hasn't let me down yet

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

may 06 seems so far away but i'll wait....like i have a choice. come on nintendo...give me something good.

Bless

24. Fred Flintstone macrumors newbie

Grr! They went from "We won't be last again" to "We'll release it after the vaporware PS3" :mad:

25. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Are they? we don't know the release dates of either.

does 480p mean 60 fps? I dont know much about all this p/i business! man 60fps would be beautiful.