Revolution stricken from Gamefaqs?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Gamefaqs seemingly has no Rev info, all the pages related to it are gone. could be temp. could be a name change? after all, its the 24th here (the important Nintendo date).

How strange...

2. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I didn't even realize they HAD a revolution section.

4. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

And just what did those pages have before? Considering there isn't a whole lot of information out there yet, I can't imagine them being useful.

Hickman

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Like every other console page on Gamefaqs, it had listings of games, massively popular forums, top 10 most wanted FAQs pages...

and now its all just vanished. just woke up and its STILL gone!?

I'd hate to sound like a conspiracy nut but something will happen today. possibly.

6. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

That's weird. Perhaps today is the day.

The pessimist inside me says I'll be playing an Xbox 360 before I see the Revolution's controller...

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

hah the optimist tells me that too. I think they're going to announce specs soon. as for the controller, whilst i'd love to know about it, is going to be kept secret until 2006. my guess.

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

A HA! something is definately going to happen. id bet all the money in my little metal jar thingy that something will happen either today or very soon.

from the IGN Revolution FAQ.

couple that with Gamefaqs removing all the Rev stuff (the links to the pages go something like http://gamefaqs.com/consoles/revolution/gamex.htm) just adds to the plot.

very interesting i say. very interesting...

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I dunno, I'd think Ninty would release the info just before the XBox 360 launch so that M$ wouldn't have time to copy them but their fans would hold off.

The latest from Matt @ IGN:

10. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Probably cause no one has any (relevant) information on this system. It is still quite a mystery to all of us. All I can find is the pictures of the E3 presentation an more speculation on this freakin' controller.

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

The important thing is that there used to be pages there, its was full of information. albeit nothing more than what every other site knows.

12. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I got to the forums by selecting the forum tab. But hopefully you are right.

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

want to add some more mystery to this? ;)

the forums dont use the gamefaqs/consolex/boards link, they use something along the lines of gamefaqs/boards.
    it seems like the Rev folder on the GF site has been removed, or renamed, or whatever!

14. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    Soon - very soon you will see the Revolution.

15. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Wait... Revolution was only a codename? That was actually a surprise to me. :eek: A shame, since it was a neat name.

16. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    No - it's not a code name.

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's a code name but oftentimes code names end up being the final name as well.

18. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Ah, alright. Hope they stick with the name then.

It's just that sometimes Nintendo's codenames are better than the final name (thinking mostly of Ultra 64 vs Nintendo 64) which made me worried.

19. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

^^Apparently, it's gonna be called the Revo, which isn't quite as cool, but it's probs gonna be called the Revolution anyway :p

20. shyataroo macrumors regular

I've seen some supposed "spy-shots" of the revolution controller and from what I've seen all of the believable ones look like the Sega Saturn Controller (in the way that it is shaped) except with a few differences, A its got a shiny black surface that is actually a touch-screen display the buttons are a glowing blue (kinda like the blue from the console except slightly more green tinted) and the controller also displays the name of the game when it is inserted into the revolution the buttons that are displayed are different for each of the games that you insert (if its a NES game the buttons are arranged to be NES style if its a 64 game the buttons will arrange themselves in a 64 style etc...)

21. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

The only "revolutionary" controller I'd like to see is one with OLED displays (like the keyboard posted here previously) so each button could display it's function. i.e. instead of pressing X, Y or Z, the buttons are Jump Shoot Crouch etc.

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Those were mockups, I've seen them too. Not real.

23. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

well I guess nothing came of this oh I wonder when we will find out some more info Xbox launch maybe?