Revolution web browser?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Feb 15, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=91

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I thought this was the same post for a min....

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm curious about how a Revolution web browser would look on a TV screen since Nintendo aren't headed down the HDTV road.

I wonder because I used to have a Mac plugged into my old non-HD TV and I had to zoom the text considerably in safari (Command +) to make it readable. At the size I had to zoom the text, the websites' format looked messy and I had to constantly scroll down the page (or horizontally) to read more.

Well… I guess that if they can pull it off on the DS, it can't be much worst on a TV, especially with the motion sensing remote.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Suppose this is all part of the "home compatible" sorta approach Nintendo are running now. They want things accessible. They want it all running good so your gran can pop online with it and that.

I might use the DS internet, there's a big free hot spot in Manchester. But I'll be using the Revolution on my macs external monitor so I won't need the web there!

5. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

Nintendo is kinda famous for having really narrow-use systems in comparison to others. Look at the DS in comparison to the PSP: The DS can game and Pictochat. The PSP can game, play music, browse the web, play UMD movies, play MPEG's, subscribe to RSS feeds, and twenty other things.

Sometimes Nintendo's approach is better, sometimes not. I wonder what they'll do with the Revolution.

6. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Correct, but then, the gamers tend to note that the DS ended up with much better games, so it is better at its primary purpose.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

8. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

As innovative as it is, Wipeout Pure and Lumines were completely traditional games that were pure magic on the PSP, more so than anything I've played on the DS.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Isn't the PSP jack of all trades, master of none? and even with those watered down features you still end up paying more than the competition.
    One could argue my Pocket PC is better because it does everything the PSP does but has a longer battery life, touch screen, wifi, more universal/less restricted medium format, is actually a computer etc. for about £20 more than a PSP. Then again, with all those full-featured features I still prefer my DS. Less and better=More.

BTW; Nintendo are known for making games systems. Sony are known for making TV's, hifis etc. most of which have a low-build quality. personal case in point: my GC- bought on day 1. GB- bought in 1992. both work perfectly now. my PS1 gave up after 6 months and my PS2 lasted just under a year. meh.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Cool the DS gets into the brower world huh.....cool. This thread is slowly turning into a "PSP Vs. DS"....just let it go you like this he likes that...fine everyone is happy gezzzz.

Bless

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Did any other Nintendo systems have web browsers? I remember there being some kind of system on the NES. but my memory, she clouds.

12. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

This is hardly an argument. I was just stating my opinion.