Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Read through the 14 page Remote Desktop thread and didn't find an answer.

I need a Remote Desktop program that:

-has mouse and keyboard support
-compatible with a windows xp computer
-is the fastest one possible (this is a given)
-sound
-price does not matter

I just want to use this to play an old game from 1998 so if there is one that games better that would be sweet.

What are my options? Best answer and I will Paypal you 2 dollars so you can go pick up a coca cola. :p Thanks!

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
I'm confused do you have another comp you are remoting into? The way you present your question it seems you want to run a virtual machine. That is completely different from a RDP client.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I have a computer that is running windows xp from back home in Minnesota. I am currently going to uni in Iowa.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
LogMeIn Ignition is what I've been using for years. (Edit* I totally looked over the M & KB support. I can't confirm LogMeIn supports those.)

heroinsoul

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Check out RDM+ for iPhone or RDM+ HD for iPad.

Though it doesn't support sound transfer, it offers all other features you are interested in: PC and Mac support, mouse and onscreen keyboard.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Check out RDM+ for iPhone or RDM+ HD for iPad.

Though it doesn't support sound transfer, it offers all other features you are interested in: PC and Mac support, mouse and onscreen keyboard.

Sound is a huge factor for me, but I appreciate it.

Does Splashtop 2 support all of these features?

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Splashtop 2.

You're welcome.

I will PM you my payment details a little later.

Send me your paypal, and once I test Splashtop 2 and I find it satisfactory, I will send you it.

Does it support everything I highlighted? I wish these RD clients just had a list of ALL the features on their website.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Send me your paypal, and once I test Splashtop 2 and I find it satisfactory, I will send you it.

Does it support everything I highlighted? I wish these RD clients just had a list of ALL the features on their website.

That is a very good question. I'm not sure about the sound issue.

But if, as you say, price doesn't matter, why not just buy a bunch of them and test them out? Just do it over a leisurely Saturday when you have some time to kill. Then report back and tell us what's what.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.