RFK, jr on the 2004 election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I hate conspiracy theories - not because conspiracies don't exist, but because it does no good to indulge in them. However, as much as I've refused to indulge in them, Robert Kennedy, Jr. does a good job laying out in his Rolling Stone article the massive effort by the GOP to steal the 2004 election. It deserves a serious read and some serious thought about how to change our system so this theft of our most sacred of rights isn't stolen from us again.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Apparently RFK, Jr. has joined those of us who have been thinking the same thing ever since the election. Matter of fact, I just referenced this very problem in the SCOTUS thread.

Our current Secretary of State, Ken Blackwell -- who allegedly had a big hand in perpetrating this election fraud -- is such a hero to the GOP that he is being run for governor now. And so the corruption goes on.

What I'd like to see is the results of the next close election. In the case of Kerry-Bush, the exit polls all indicated a trend for Kerry, yet Bush "somehow" won the election. According to experts, this was highly fishy and statistically unlikely (though not impossible). That's why I'd like to see the results of another close election. If it happens again, we'll have some pretty damning circumstantial evidence that this was not just an anomaly, but actual election fraud.

3. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I don't have much of a stomach for conspiracy theories either, but I just have a hard time believing this administration does anything fair and square.

Poor RFK Jr. I'm sure he knows the GOP attack dogs are going to come after him full force.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not big on conspiracies much either. but the guy is right, the irregularities did hit the democrats more than the republicans.. maybe since the dems were too busy causing some "irregularities" for nader and not hitting back at the reps. ;)

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

When I was in WA in 2004, the Republican candidate won as Gov. Despite the overwhelming lead Kerry had in the fairly liberal state. There were some questionable things, and it was close, so they did a recount. Apparently he had won by a lot less than they thought he had at first. So they did another recount, this time by hand mostly. Turns out the Dem actually won, and by quite a bit. There were also claims disappearing ballots, and based what I was watching when I voted, I believe it. All seemed strange to me. Everyone seemed to think it's all conspiracy, but looking at what happened in 2000 and everything that has happened since, suddenly it's more believable. I know I wouldn't have believed it before.

Funny, but all those claims of sour grapes go away after what they claim is proven to be true. Especially since those same conservatives who were talking about recounts being a waste of time suddenly wanted another recount. I wish all Dems had the courage to do what they did in WA that year, if for nothing else than to stop all the speculation. After all, if you aren't guilty, you have nothing to hide ;) (hm, where have I heard that before).

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Such tactics needn't be limited to presidential elections, you know.

One has to wonder if we will all be surprised this fall when the expected Democratic resurgence fails to materialize and we end up re-electing the Congress we already have.

Then we'll find ourselves examining whether it was some failure on the Democrats' part, or something more sinister.

It could happen.