Rhapsody music service to be Mac-compatible starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mduser63, Dec 4, 2005.

1. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Real's Rhapsody will be Mac compatible starting tomorrow (12/5). I know most people here don't like Real or the idea of subscription based music services, but the availability of Rhapsody can only be good for the Mac (although not necessarily for iTunes/iPod...). I may try it out just to see what it's like, but I tend to think I'll be sticking with iTunes at least for now.

Link

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yay! Now I can inform my coworker who loves Rhapsody that one of the few things that have been holding him back from buying an iBook or mini to replace his aging G3 iMac is gone.

Hopefully before he settles for a new Dell.

B

3. Rantipole macrumors 6502

Rantipole

Has anyone started using this?

I have to confess, I'm warming to the idea of the subscription model. To have access to all that music, for various times, is awesome. I can do a party mix with stuff I would never buy. If I'm in the mood for classic rock, I can do that for a while, then switch to all post-2000 indie rock if I want.

The question is, do any subscription services work with the iPod!!?? THAT is the catch. If not, forget it.

4. mduser63 thread starter macrumors 68040

mduser63

(old thread you dug up)

I use it, but not the paid version, just the free 25 songs/month version. I actually quite like it, and except for the fact that I hate all monthly payment-based stuff I'd probably pay for it. My dislike of monthly payments has nothing to do with the pay-or-lose-your-music nature of Rhapsody, I just don't like having monthly payments for anything.

FWIW, I've had little trouble with Rhapsody. It works just fine in Safari. Songs play quickly and the quality is very good. I honestly don't understand most of the complaining about Real. I even like Real player well enough (though I agree that older versions were bad).

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

U.S. Only
    We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United States. This service is currently only available to residents within the United States.