RIAA Bully Techniques

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rasmuskl, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Rasmuskl macrumors member

Jun 27, 2003
    Bronx, New York
    Well since the RIAA method of justice consits of bullying, suing and prosecuting teenager I would like to see someone create a website hosting pictures and links to artists that supports the RIAA efforts. I want it made public that joe blow artist is supporting RIAA in suing a 15 year old for downloading a few music files. A kid that might be a fan of this artist.
    Strong arm tactics of corperations and organizations against kids and their parents for P2P is wrong. It is in fact more wrong that participating in P2P.
    I am not talking legally, i am talking morally and logically. Things that seems to be missing in the music industry.

If anyone is willing to help create a site like this, i am willing to pony up the money for the domain and hosting.
    My html skills aren't that great so i wont be able to do a lot.

But i want to bring attention to this serious injustice. I want the RIAA and the artisits involved to be painted as the greedy pigs they are.

The records industry sales are not down because of P2P. Sales are down because of mediocre selection and artists (witness the horror of American Idol.. Yeah they are true performers).

Anyone ??
  2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    you'll get sued for slander among other things :(

3. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

Nobody's getting sued for downloading a few songs to their computer. They're getting sued for letting songs be downloaded from their computer.

If you don't share. You'll be safe. But if nobody shares....
  4. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    its only slander if its not true; same goes for libel....
  5. pEZ macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2003
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I agree that it's the wrong approach, by far, but the RIAA doesn't know what else to do. They feel cornered by P2P, and actually, in this climate, I will happily laugh at people who are STILL sharing music after this is over.

I have to agree with that one journalist who said that the United States is bound to become "one large penal colony" - that guy deserves an award. How many people use(d) Kazaa?

Funny, I have an idea - lower the costs of CDs to a reasonable range... Like $7-$11 for starters. Better than $14-$18.
  6. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I have a strong feeling that people are going to start pointing you to iTMS ;).

I agree though, the price of CDs are outrageous. I mean, the price of a cheap PC can equal out to about 30 CDs.

Cheap PC > 30 CD's.

Pah..... I wish I were rich. :eek: ;)

7. jadariv macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2002
    Re: RIAA Bully Techniques

First off, nobody is getting sued for downloading a few songs.

Second, it's not just bad selection and economy that is affecting the record companines. Back catalogs, which have always been a staple through good and bad economies (i'm talking Beatles, Led Zeppellin, the Eagles) have been devastated by P2P and actually reflects the true nature of what P2P is doing to this industry.

And third. I just checked bestbuy.com and even though brand spanking new albums cost 13.99, the average cost of a cd seemed to be 9.99, with many of them costing 7.99. And most appear to have extra content (enhanced cd's).
  8. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Jul 24, 2002
    my office has a bunch of framed newspaper front pages where a report we did made the headlines, and on one ny times or usa today front page from 99 or so is: "RIAA: we're past online piracy fears."

this must've been just before napster hit...i should photocopy it and mail it to them :p
  9. johnnowak macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2003
    New York, New York
    I hope the RIAA sues everyone stealing music.. including this "everyone is greedy pigs" guy. Music should not be free. Artists should be compensated. And no, I'm not some huge rich rock star. I'm an 18 year old who's sold a couple dozen albums.
  10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Hey you might want to check out the thread I posted

The RIAA to sue every File Sharer in only 2191.78 years!

Yes they have quite a job ahead of themselves...

CopyRight Infringement!