RIAA Sues Dead Woman

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by njmac, Feb 7, 2005.

1. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

It seems they think they have the wrong woman! I hope someone will stop the RIAA. Link

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What's sad to me is how few of us who get music online *legally* and don't use gnutella type services on principle (or did for a brief time, and stopped for reasons of principle) support these lawsuits.... There are people who oppose them and believe for whatever reason that they're entitled to free copies of copyrighted music, and there are people who support legal online endeavors but oppose these lawsuits as heavy-handed, but outside of the RIAA, who is actually a fan of these tactics??? :mad:

4. njmac thread starter macrumors 68000

njmac

I think its a bad idea to sue blindly. It doesnt matter to the RIAA if the person they are suing is the person who did the crime. And to be falsely accused of something is very expensive. You have to hire an attny at a great cost to you and your family.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Duh! Can't imagine why they wouldn't have done a more thorough investigation prior to filing the lawsuit. Thought there were investigations an serving of papers as part of the process. :eek:

6. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Someone illegally downloads music... next thing you know, someone is dead. :eek:

Just goes to show... ;)

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

*looks over shoulder* that would be so flippin awesome if they could actually do that