RIAA sues more people!! :O

Discussion in 'Community' started by NusuniAdmin, Mar 23, 2004.

1. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

2. acidrock macrumors 6502

The whole problem with this thing is the reason they're suing people. People are not buying Cd's because of file sharing. They are not happy that the recording artist hardly gets any of the money, which mostly goes to packaging, and production of the Cd. This is my view at least. Maybe if they gave more money to the artists Cd's would sell more

3. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I honestly don't think that most people engage in piracy to make some sort of moral statement about the distribution of revenue in the record business...

I just think people want free music.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think people are lazy and cheap so if they can get music at their house for free they they will, audiophiles (like myself) will always buy cds because i can encode the cd on my computer at as high a bit rate as i want....

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

eh, that's about right. I think it's also about getting something for nothing, no matter what that something is. That's why you'll notice that people who download seem to have a far more diverse music collection, in general: There's no risk to downloading crap that you'll never listen to. On the other hand, people who buy music are careful to select music that really appeals to them and thus their collections can be a window into their personalities.

6. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

RIAA: Go Away!!

Can I sue the RIAA for all the crappy songs I had to buy to get the 1 or 2 per CD that I really liked? (pre-iTMS, of course). :D

Well, maybe that's not a good idea...they might counter-sue me for not liking their most successful artists... :rolleyes:

Edit:

Has the RIAA ever thought that maybe their 3 year slump of CD sales would have anything to do with a poor economy?!?!?!