RIAA wants a 30% cut of Sirius' revenues

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MrCommunistGen, Mar 4, 2006.

1. MrCommunistGen macrumors regular

MrCommunistGen

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Most of that growth is because of Howard Stern and really doesn't affect the music being played on Sirius.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

wow. so Sirrus was okay before. but now that they are experiencing growth they have to pay more money? :confused:

i think that the RIAA needs to be dismantled by the Supreme Court.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The RIAA again shows that they are nothing but profit sucking leeches. As soon as a business they are affiliated with starts to make money, they want all of that money. Just like with iTunes.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You know, it would make more sense to find ways to make listening to music and purchasing music more appealing rather than sue people and demand more money form people who shouldn't have to give it up. The RIAA needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that the only way to survive in the new music market is to stop worrying about p2p downloading, understand that it actually helps music sales, and encourage bands to make EPs and not LPs since most songs on CDs now are filler.

6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It's like they've become charicatures of themselves. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to think of Snidely Whiplash whenever they come up. It'd be funny if they weren't so lawsuit-happy serious.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's safe to say that I hate the RIAA more than any other "company" in the world today.

I don't like Microsoft products, but I don't think they're "evil." I actually think the RIAA is 100% pure evil, or at least as evil as they get in today's age.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i agree with you. MS certainly aren't evil. incompetent maybe. the RIAA is pure greed though.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

they are such assoholics! how can they even stand themselves? they miss the boat with internet/satellite music technology and then cry foul over their mistake in planning and make everyone miserable for it?! what kind of crap is that? really. hindsight is always 20/20, live and learn and get over it. greedy pricks.

i am convinced of a connection between scientologists and the RIAA by the way ;-)

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

They might as well give me a cut as well because i'm listening to the crap as well...If RIAA is going to get a cut for not doing JACK then i want too.

Bless

11. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I second the motion iBlue .. RIAA can't make there own cash so they gotta strong-arm companies for a share of the profits

12. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

They don't care. If they can sue all non-traditional music providers out of business, their members will still be able to sell music in stores. They'd rather have 100% of a big market than 50% of a huge market, since they have full control of the big market.

13. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Gosh, doesn't it always seem like the RIAA cares about the consumer?

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nope. Evil and incompetent. But they look like saints compared to the RIAA. Sirius already pays, the RIAA does nothing and expects to get payed more now that they are actually making money. Typical of them.

15. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

the RIAA is like the music industries ex-wife, she just keeps showing up and ruining a good thing because she can.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And they're all drunk on their own ****. :mad: I've had enough.

17. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Help?

I was caught by an RIAA agent whistling some tunes in the elevator this morning. As there were other people in the lift, he's suing me for illegal distribution of music.

I eloquently replied "Go to Hell", but now he's got me on misappropriating the title & lyrics of Megadeth's song too!!

Help! What do I do? :p

18. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

The RIAA can SHOVE IT. I am SO sick of their imperious ********. Pardon the Julia Roberts quote. But really... like, they need to stop being so greedy... I think they're at the point where EVERYONE wants them to shove it, and they might very well get tossed on their asses.

19. xelterran macrumors 6502

the RIAA wont get **** from me, ill just fire up limewire and bittorrent again

20. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

how fricken rich do you have to be for it to finally be enough. :rolleyes:

i don't think i've ever heard of people half as greedy as them :rolleyes: