Rice admits "thousands" of errors in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 31, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

reuters

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Isn't it strange how someone can happily admit to "thousands of errors" - which presumably have cost many people their lives - and not feel the slightest urge to offer their resignation?

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

so true, but i think it go all the way up the executive branch too :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

This is ridiculous. She'll admit to every tactical error made in Iraq - she doesn't need to admit those, we can see the aftermath of those errors in the miltary hospitals and bodybags - but she won't admit the error of going into Iraq in the first place.

I also like when she says that we all have a right to protest. You can almost hear her thinking "because the more you march about and yell and feel like your voice is heard the less chance there is of anything actually changing..."

5. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

...so you expected a war without people dying?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If that doesn't tell her something, I don't know what would.

7. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Wait solvs, you missed the part where she was greeted with flowers.

Theliberalmedia must have left that par tout.

Surely, right?

:confused:

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i love how its a "God-given right"

wtf? its a humane right, a matter of respect and acceptence and having an open mind. has nothing to do with a "god"

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah government jobs... where incompetence gets you promoted and telling the truth gets you fired.

The buck stops where again?

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Its a shame the religious fanatic gw bush can't admit the errors personally

Too much of a coward, instead he has to get one of his bitches to do the job for him.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Au contraire... Bush has also engaged in the same ritual of admitting error without taking any responsibility that Rice is.

Now that their numbers are in the tank, they are willing to admit to errors, but so far no one has taken and responsibility for any of those errors.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I wonder, how many tactical errors does it take to add up to one strategic error? Clearly by Rice's calculations, at least several thousand.

It's that new math.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Truly we live in Bizarro World.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thousands of errors and yet stay the course? Bush's mentality is the same kind of mentality that lead to vietnam. Must we remind this administration that thousands of our own have been killed for???? for...........Ego's and Haliburton profits. Almost forgot.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Remember during the Bush-Kerry debates, when asked by a reporter, he had a really hard time coming up with even one mistake he's made, and ended up mealy-mouthing something about some appointments he might like to do over again?

This is one of the things that makes Bush so dangerous: no judgement, no self-introspection, no remorse.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

FWIW, this question came in a press conference after the election.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

During the debate as well.
    Reasonable question, now watch the answer.
    Read that closely. Same type of thing he did after Katrina, same type of thing Rice is doing. Admitting to mistakes, but not. Diverting focus, then defending those mistakes without justification. Used to work on some. Works on fewer and fewer people as time goes by and we see the results ourselves.

I can't say I take any pleasure in their delusions.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We didn't expect a war at all. Unfortunately, we got one.

19. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Can you explain your Vietnam analogy better?

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I fully expected a war. Maybe just one in the place the actual terrorists were, like Afghanistan. Instead I watched a friend of mine get shipped off from there to Iraq. Which we are still dealing with, years later. ~2500 American soldiers' lives later. Poor planning, no exit strategy, lack of equipment, reduction of benefits for troops, and we're still not exactly clear as to why we went there in the first place. Yeah, I'm a little pissed that this is where my tax dollars are going while there are people in our own country suffering.

K, Saddam was bad and all... but that doesn't explain how badly they've executed this war.

21. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Yeah it wasn't like it was a surprise attack there was several months of build up in with the whole UN fiasco.

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Some people believed there would be some sort of diplomatic solution. Ha! Suckers. Seriously though, if they had done a better job, I doubt many would be asking questions. Now if only we had asked those questions in the first place...

Um... they would have gone to war anyway?

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In other news, American public admits millions of errors in 2000 voting. ;)

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

she is such a "yes" person to bush and i wonder what she really thinks about the war these days

if she still believes going into iraq was the right thing to do, then all her experience and education about politics has been a terrible waste of time

i know she is not stupid, but she is the hero to many who still claim that iraq was the force behind 9/11

if condi runs for president in 2008, this statement she made will haunt her

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Old Farts sending someone else to die for BullSmuk when Iraq was as much threat to the U.S. as Vietnam was a threat. In other words we are spending billions and loosing lifes for........................Not a god darn thing. Vietnam was a waste,Iraq is a waste. Both ran by a Whitehouse out of touch.
    In the end the Koran and the religions run that place. If they ever pull their heads out of their butts the only thing Iraq will be is a Shia theocracy. That isnt worth 1 of our people.
    Iraq was a Mistake and George wants to hold onto his mistake.

If 1 man was blamed i would say Saddam is to blame for all of this, if you ask what 2 men caused all this and the names would be Saddam and George. A country destroyed,many thousands dead,billions wasted,Defecit sky high,etc etc and in the end all of this is because of two bastards. 2 men! maybe 2.5 if you count Bush/Cheney. Then you look at who helped Bush make this happen and you find a motherload of draft dodgers all around this president. the very ones hiding from vietnam though I dont blame them for that i blame them for Iraq. They and the president made this happen.

Sunday AM rant over:)