Rice Challenges Clinton on Terror Record

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Sep 26, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, aggressive, like..... what?
    and
    Dear darling, you forget its chris "monkey" wallace initiate this "dialogue", are you gonna kick his butt for bring this up?

Seriously, Rice looks more and more like a puppy now, I do think she is more dove-ish, but she couldn't stand firm on her idea, and spend too much time on covering somebody's ****.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I notice she gave no details about what Bush did and Clinton didn't do. Just said "we're right, he's wrong" without anything to back her up.

How many people will now take her words as god's own truth?

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

olbermann was right -- bush is a major ass for siccing cheney, rice, et. al. on clinton. SIX YEARS into office, bush is still taking absolutely no responsibility for anything that happened after mid-january, 2001.

and for how many years have we heard sandy berger say that rice wouldn't meet with him to transition the al qaeda stuff? rice is as guilty as the rest, and look at her pointing fingers. that's some weak-ass ****, yo.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

She's just spinning but thats what this administration does. Richard Clark was demoted and Bush & Gang went after Saddam, in fact they were planning going after Saddam before 911 according to Tony Blair & the brits we now know. I dont have any confidence in Bush period. He has shown incompetance on so many issues and the Bin Laden family and his family were very close. 5 yrs after 911 Bin Laden is still free. Thats says it all for me.

5. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I'd pay good, good money to see ANY neo-numb-nuts, Condi included, sit down with Olbermann.

Make it a pay-per-view event, and give the money to charity.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, it's not like she had a memo that said something about him attacking. :rolleyes: Even if they didn't leave a plan, which she actually admitted during the 9/11 commission they did, what's their excuse in the 5 years since? Or not making their own plan in the 9 months they had. I cannot believe people still fall for this stuff.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Looks like it didn't work

Bush Blamed More Than Clinton for Failure to Capture Bin Laden.

Views are predictably partisan; independents mostly blame Bush

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what a stupid question. clearly, no one expects clinton to have captured UBL after he left office, and no one expects bush to have done the same before he entered.

a much better question would have been: "when did the US have the best chance to capture UBL?"

... and provide some choices like, "when he was in tora bora", "after the african embassy bombings", etc.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

People wouldn't know what that meant. You already have 11% with no opinion either way. And a little over a third who hate Clinton and support Bush no matter what. Sounds about right to me.

I'm actually kinda surprised it was as high as 53% blaming Bush.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I like John Stewart's take on Condi's statement during the Congressional hearing. They didn't have a plan, but were given "ideas" and "actionable items" which is apparently completely different from a "plan."

11. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

If you haven't yet seen Olbermann's latest on this topic take a look at the video of his remarks in this link over at the DailyKos. Always nice to have access to a video archive.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's really amazing, isn't it? every statement the administration makes wrt 9/11 is revealed as a lie, there's strong evidence that they were negligent and/or incompetent, and still most people think this is the administration which can protect them.

a very damning piece olbermann's team put together.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow, that is awfully damning. It is also a terrific example of hard-hitting, Emmy-worthy true investigative journalism, something TV almost never does anymore.

Olbermann is, right now, probably the bravest guy in the media. He seems to have stepped up his view of the Bush administration from amused disdain to incredulity to outright disgust. Olbermann reminds me very much of Edward R. Murrow taking on Sen. Joseph McCarthy, and I think the similarities are very much intentional on Keith's part.

14. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

He spoke for over 10 minutes, that's amazing. And, the network let him do it instead of cutting him down to a 3 minute sound-byte. I listened to it and was captivated. Olbermann is an incredibly brave commentator...but I question whether he has the same reach as Murrow to instigate change. There are too many voices is the media and I fear his message is getting lost in the maelstrom. I hate top say it, but the impact would be a lot more if he was on ABC, NBC or CBS. What is his base audience compared to the propaganda machine known as Fox?