1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Richmond, VA - Short Pump Town Center

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mrmiami247, Jun 13, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Who's gonna be there? I have work in the morning so I think I'll just pre-order mine and pick it up later in the day.

2. macrumors member

come on Richmond, I know there's someone who's gonna want to get up at 4 AM and meet me at Short Pump!?!?

3. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Never waited at an Apple store but I just might be up for the experience this time around! Have not decided yet.

How was it last year? I guess as long as I have people to talk to I don't care how long I wait :D Plus I will know for sure I will get my phone. Got a pre-order at Best Buy but not sure how that will pan out.

From the looks of this thread, doesn't seem like many people will be there? Unless they don't get on here much. :cool:

4. macrumors member

actually, I didn't go last year and I went to the AT&T store for the 3G launch. I don't want to take a chance at an AT&T store this year, especially the way things are screwing up. Yeah, I got my reserved one at the Apple store but I'm still getting there fairly early next week.

5. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

What day and how early? Lol.

6. macrumors member

umm, I think I left the house at like 5 or 5:30 because the AT&T stores didn't open then until 8 I think...but I would be there earlier because of the impressive pre-order numbers out the game...It was the launch date in 2008 for the 3G

7. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

I am still contemplating showing up or not. I have a pre-order at Best Buy. Not sure the mall will allow lines or not.

8. macrumors member

Yeah, I'm riding over to Short Pump tomorrow and going to ask them how early the mall will allow for lining up...I would do it at Best Buy but I don't know if I trust them with the launch of such a demanded product, as only an authorized retailer...but I'm going to try and get there next week around 5 or a little after...I got one reserved so I'm not too worried...as long as I'm in the top 20 or so in that line, it'll be fine

9. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Let me know if you can what you find out. I hear that Best Buy is calling people a couple days before the launch to setup times for those who pre-ordered to come in. If I don't get that call or any good info I will probably go to the Apple store. I will line up if I am within the first 30 or so. After that, not sure it's worth it to me. I can wait. Not a big deal :)

10. macrumors member

Yeah, I'll put what I found out on here tomorrow afternoon or so. If I were you and you wanted to have one next week and Best Buy doesn't work, then you should get there around 5 or 5:30 AM to line up. Word is that there won't be a huge selection for those who didn't reserve.

11. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Thanks. Yes, that is what I am thinkng.

12. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'll be going to Short Pump at some point to pick up my pre-order.

arn

13. macrumors newbie

macN00B1975

I pre-ordered at Best Buy in Colonial Heights, but I'm thinking about going to Short Pump also. I didn't reserve one there, but if i can get in early enough I may be able to get one anyway. And even if I end up with two, I'm sure one of the other 6 3Gs in my family will buy it from me!! So, if anyone gets some good intel on how many unreserved ones Short Pump will have (Arn) please post it here!!

14. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Arn - your in Richmond?

15. macrumors member

I went to Short Pump today and I didn't get too much information from him. Lines will start at 6 AM and says that even though it is almost guaranteed at this store that people who reserved one will get one, to still get there early. He didn't give any word on those who don't have one reserved but it sounds like if you get there early enough, you will get one.

16. macrumors newbie

macN00B1975

That sounds promising. I appreciate the info. I'll just make sure that when Best Buy calls I make the appointment for later in the day so I will be able to get both of them!! My ex just informed me that she wants one also, so I guess I'll get one for her to go along with my own. :confused: Thanks again!

17. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Interesting that lines only start at 6am.

Thanks for the info.

18. macrumors newbie

macN00B1975

I called Short Pump a little while ago trying to get some info. I swear the rep told me the mall was going to allow lines to start at 5 am (because I told her "good, I'll be there at 4", but that was about an hour and 3 drinks ago, so she may have actually said 6. But I really think she told me the line would start at 5. She also said there would be 2 lines, one for people that reserved one, and one for people that did not. She said she assumes that means they are anticipating a supply of phones that will be available for public sale since they are planning on two lines. I told her I would be the person at the front of the "Did not reserve a phone" line.

19. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Lol.

Since it is an open mall, you can walk in and wait at the Apple store right? Or do they not allow anyone in the mall period after/before a certain time?

20. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Yep!

arn

21. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

That's cool. :)

22. macrumors newbie

macN00B1975

I don't know if/when the mall is open. I'm actually from Alabama and I'm up here on business until the 25th (of all days) so I don't get to buy the iP4 from my home Apple Store where I've bought everything for the past 5 years. That's why I'm trying to get the scoop on Short Pump since it is the closest Apple to me.

23. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Gotcha. Wish I could help. Don't know anything about launch days at the Apple store here. Don't even know how busy it will be either.

24. macrumors member

Yeah, I wish I could tell you guys more about the launch. I swore the guy told me 6 but I had a long day at work today so he could have said 5. I live 40 minutes away so I'll be leaving early anyway. I'm actually excited about waking up at the crack of dawn to get one. My AT&T experience was actually fun with Panera being next door; we'd save each other's spot in line to get breakfast

25. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Uh huh. You will be #2 and I will be #3 and you come back to #3 and you say nah uh, I was #2 and I will like, no cuts! :D

Never done one of these before. Might give it a try. Give me something to do, people to meet. I am 15 minutes away which is nice.