Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by arn, Jun 14, 2008.

1. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I assume that Short Pump's Apple Store is going to be the most popular location. Not sure AT&T's stores will get as much stock.

arn

2. macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

3. arn
    thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yep, I'll be there. I hope the activation issue doesn't mean we'll be there all day.

arn

4. macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I am about 90% sure I am going to get one, but I don't know if I'm going to jump right on the bandwagon the 1st day. I may wait for the reviews to come out beforehand, and get it the week after :D

If there is a party at the Apple store, maybe I'll come anyway :cool:

5. macrumors member

i was there on 6.29.7 (~11th in line) and will be there 7.11.8. look for the guy with a bunch of diet coke cans.

6. macrumors 6502a

LOL diet coke? That's boring, what about Budwiser or Absolut? Haha

7. macrumors member

yeah i dont think i'll be at short pump but ill be at my local AT&T store...i live in south chesterfield so it would be a good drive out there...im not really worried about them running out of stock but good luck to all on launch day!!!

8. macrumors newbie

Im gonna try to hit up the downtown at&t store before work.

9. macrumors newbie

I spoke with the GM at the Apple store in Short Pump who advised that they will not allow people to line up until 6 AM. Not sure what their plan is for stopping people from lining up before then is though.

10. macrumors member

o really...did they do that last year? but im not even gonna take a chance at the apple store and just wait in line at the AT&T store

11. macrumors newbie

imma try to hit the att out in mechanicsville... to see if I can get the 16g white one... :):cool:

12. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

I'll probably stop by the Apple Store at Short Pump on my way in to work. Unless the line is seriously moving I won't be able to stay around.

13. macrumors member

alright richmond...less than a day now...good luck to all in the 804 who want the iphone...safe travels in the mornin!!!

14. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

Anybody there yet? What does the line look like?

15. arn
    thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

16. macrumors newbie

Ended up downtown. Got in line at 7, entered store at 8:40? & began process. Left store at 10:15 with still unactivated 8gig. :rolleyes:

17. macrumors newbie

It reminds me of last year

I was talking to folks at the AT&T store on Midlothian. They got something like 25 phones and ran out early on. Now they have staff on 12 hr shifts sitting around. I hope that ShortPump has some left tomorrow AM.

18. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

I got back from a 11am visit to Short Pump and it's still a very long line. I'd say a solid 100 people were still in line. I walked up to the front to see if I recognized anyone waiting still from the morning, and sure enough, I saw someone almost in the store who was about 6 spots up from me from 7:30am this morning. That really sucks.

I'll probably swing by there again later this afternoon to see what the line looks like. I'd like to get one, but because of work today, I can't wait in line for hours on end. Hopefully I get lucky this afternoon.

Anyone there now? Know what the line looks like?

19. macrumors member

yeah i was at the midlo store this mornin...i got there at about 5:25 AM and there were 6 people in front of me so i was in good shape...however as time passed...more and more people showed and they had to end up turnin people away from the line before the store opened...but it wasnt bad tho

20. macrumors newbie

was first in line at short pump, was out by 8:15 am, black 16gb iphone activated! :)

21. macrumors member

haha that's sweet man