Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H00513R

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Indiana
I actually was surprised, but not being a fan I could really care less either way. Good for him/bad for all of the (what, now 30 year old??) women out there.

Menudo: A rich stew/soup made with hominy and beef tripe (cow stomach lining). Ricky Martin started in a band by the name of Menudo. This is not news.

Ricky Martin is gay. This is also not news.

Menudo is very good at settling an upset stomach during a hangover.

Ricky Martin's music is very good at causing upset stomachs.

Other than that... well, that's about it.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
from the 97.1 amp radio in Los Angeles, CA

DJ Carson Daly: (heard it on the morning, while listening to the radio)

"well the only thing you guys have to know is that ricky martin is gay and we're giving away free iPad's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":D

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I find it fascinating that everyone on here is like "so?". So many actors/singers/sports stars won't come out cos they think it'll adversely effect their careers. Just look at Tom Cruise - widely known that Nicole Kidman and his current Mrs are paid beards, but I don't think he'll be coming out anytime soon.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Who cares?

What next, Sarah Palin coming out as stupid on her Facebook page?

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
I find it fascinating that everyone on here is like "so?". So many actors/singers/sports stars won't come out cos they think it'll adversely effect their careers. Just look at Tom Cruise - widely known that Nicole Kidman and his current Mrs are paid beards, but I don't think he'll be coming out anytime soon.

Huh - Splain Lucy, Splain?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I didn't know who or what he was until yesterday. So to hear that a celebrity came out of the closet was surprising to me. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I didn't know who or what he was until yesterday. So to hear that a celebrity came out of the closet was surprising to me. :)

Why is it surprising that a celebrity came out? Even a has-been?

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
ss957916 was kidding, but.... it might just be true? Seems somewhat likely.

I'm not sure what "Spain Lucy, Splain" means. Am I falling for something here?! Everyone knows Tom Cruise is apparently gay, right? Admittedly, I don't know personally. To be clear, I wasn't kidding.

I do know Zac Effron is gay, however. His 'people' made themselves very clear about things that couldn't be mentioned/discussed.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Everyone knows Tom Cruise is apparently gay, right? Admittedly, I don't know personally. To be clear, I wasn't kidding.
I have a friend who swears he knows first hand whether the mad midget is gay or not, from a trip to Ibiza a few years back. The story he tells seems unbelievable, but I relayed it to a film director friend who spends a lot of time in LA. Although the director would say nothing outright, their reaction basically confirmed the circumstances within the tale as extremely likely.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
The sad thing is that unless you're willing to undergo a lot of public denunciation in the early going, if you're a major celebrity coming out of the closet is in many ways still a major career killer. :(

Indeed, if you look at Ellen DeGeneres' case, when she came out in 1997 it caused quite a lot of PR grief for her for several years until she started to rebuild her image as a talk show host (and a pretty successful one at that).

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
Indeed, if you look at Ellen DeGeneres' case, when she came out in 1997 it caused quite a lot of PR grief for her for several years until she started to rebuild her image as a talk show host (and a pretty successful one at that).

At the same time she came out, her sitcom became unfunny. That causes PR grief too.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Oh wow, lok at that, the top of my head came off in surprise...

Attachments

• orly_owl.jpg
    orly_owl.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.