Rig? - Podcast recording via Automobile

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by 840quadra, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for recording a podcast mobile. I can use my MBP if needed, so any mic suggestions for that would work, however I would like to look into something I can take with on a track, for recording segments while driving.

I doubt anything will be of value on an iPod (have a 2g Touch, and 15gb 3rd generation) (with regards to a microphone) as I would like to record stereo, and also get "some" of the background noise (slight engine note would be good).

I have taken a look at some of the audio recording devices on BH Photo's site, but it is really hard to "test" while searching online.

Any suggestions for devices would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Well talked to the folks at B&H, and got a few responses from people running other podcasts. They recommended getting either a Yamaha pocket recorder, or a Tascam with built in microphones.

I decided to get the Tascam and B&H is going to let me try it for a week no strings attached.

[​IMG]

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545821-REG/Tascam_DR_1_DR_1_Portable_Stereo_Audio.html

Really looking forward to this, as having my Laptop secured in a fast moving car is not ideal!

[​IMG]