Right-click in Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cb31, Jun 16, 2006.

1. cb31 macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005
    Having come from the PC world I was used to selecting some text in Firefox with the mouse and right-clicking. This brought up a context menu on which was an option to search the web for the selected text. However on my Intel iMac with mighty mouse nothing happens when I right-click. I also cannot sort my bookmarks due to no right clicking.

What am I doing wrong? I have searched the preferences for something but cannot find anything and right-click works in other apps.

I have the latest Firefox version according to the Firefox update and am running the Mouse Gestures 1.5 extension which works fine when right clicking. Thanks
  2. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    for the mighty mouse:

go to the apple menu at the top, go to system preferences, mouse and kb, and you can set your mouse up there

or... just hold ctrl when you click and it acts as right click
  3. cb31 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks for the tips but no joy. I had already tried Command click and Ctrl click but they do nothing and my mouse right button is set to secondary button. I will try and unload the mouse gestures extension to see if that makes any difference.
  4. cb31 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005
    Fixed it. It was the mouse gestures extension. I uninstalled it and everything works so I just found one called all-in-one-gestures and everything is great.