right click issues with my macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lonerwolfus, Mar 19, 2007.

1. lonerwolfus macrumors newbie

hello, im rather new to the mac community and just recently purchased my macbook pro. one issue that seems to be more annoying than anything that i've seen is that although not all the time, at least once every 4 or 5 times i right click, on that one click it closes all my windows that are open and brings me back to my desktop. if anyone has any ideas or needs some more information to get a grasp on this i would really appreciate it.

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

It is not clear what you're problem is. What are you right clicking?

3. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Are you sure that you aren't accidentally pulling up a hot-corner when trying to rightclick?

4. lonerwolfus thread starter macrumors newbie

when i right click it could be anything: folder, movie, the open desktop, anything. sometimes however for a brief second it looks like another bar is being pulled over my apple bar, maybe from something like virtuedesktops. and by accidentally pulling up a hot corner do you mean the feature where if you scroll your mouse to a corner it can do things like jump into the screen saver, etc. if thats the case i doubt it.

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Does the menu always pop up when you right click?

6. lonerwolfus thread starter macrumors newbie

the right click menu pops up as normal when it doesn't do the bug. also it does only happen on my desktop or in finder. when im in a browser or third party program it works normal.

7. JeffBlazer macrumors newbie

I also am having this exact same problem. Its not everytime, but I would say more often than not lately when I right click on the page or ctrl+click the it will pause for a moment, and then it will do a entire screen refresh closing any open finder windows I have or stops emptying the trash if I was emptying it etc. etc.

Its REALLY annoying... I know what you mean.

anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

thanks in advance.

8. Shon81 macrumors newbie

I also am having this problem

I am also having this problem. As said in previous threads this is getting very irritating.

It also happens when ctrl + clicking as well. It appears as if Finder closes down then start up again.

Could this be a virus or spyware? I know Macs aren't supposed to get viruses but I have experienced a similiar problem on my PC, which was the result of a worm.

If anyone has any solution please help us out!!!!
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!

9. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

It the problem apparent with both the trackpad and external mouse?

10. lonerwolfus thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to another post on these forums about the same problem but a bit more specific i was able to fix my problem. apparently my finder was being relaunched everytime i right clicked. so the fix was to go into Library/Contextual Menu Items folder and remove the stuffit plugin. I did this and all is well now. so if your still having this problem try removing that and see if it helps.

11. Shon81 macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Lonerwolfus you are the MAN!!!!!!!!