Right click randomly stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by twilliams9476, Jul 11, 2010.

1. macrumors member

So I went to church earlier tonight, and was gone about 4 hours. When I came home and opened up my Macbook, the right click had stopped working. I have tried unchecking and rechecking the option for right click, restarted the computer. I don't know what to do! Do ya'll have any advice or should I make an appointment with the Apple store?

2. celticpride678

Reset your SMC and PRAM.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Huh?

4. macrumors 65816

It looks like a hardware failure. Take it to the apple store but be prepared to pay a lot for a repair.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Seriously???? I just freakin bought it not 2 months ago, and my warranty won't cover it??? I am downloading the newest update on Apple's site, and one of the things it said the update fixed was keyboard and trackpad non-responsiveness...So maybe that will fix it...but I am going to be reallyyyy pissed if it IS a hardware failure, and it is not covered under the warranty...

6. macrumors newbie

If the failure is not by accident, Apple will fix it for free. Don't worry :)

7. thread starter macrumors member

Ok, because literally, I left for church at 5pm, came back at 9pm, and opened it and the right click had stopped working...nobody touched it in those few hours, and it was just like that when I came back home...

8. macrumors 65816

God did it! :D No, I didn't realize your laptop is brand new. If it's less than a year old, it will be covered by the warranty and the repair cost should be zero.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Oh yeah, it's less than 2 months old LOL...Then that makes my day better if it is covered under the warranty...If it does happen to have to be fixed at a later date, would you recommend the option of leaving it there and hoping they get to it in the next week, or option B, of waiting for them to send a Fedex box, and it being sent off to the repair facility? (I know there are MANY grammatical errors in that run-on sentence :D)

10. thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I got my Macbook back today! :) :) :) They sent it to the Repair Center in Houston on Monday, and I got it back today! :) (It is like going to get your Mercedes serviced and they provide champagne and caviar: Considering what they paid for their cars, they SHOULD receive First-Class service) (Same thing with Apple: Considering what we paid for our computers, they SHOULD overnight EVERYTHING LOL) :) :) :) :) :)