Right-clicking in OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorganX, Feb 27, 2003.

1. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Isn't there some add-on for OS X that lets you click and hold on an item to bring up it's context menu?

Or am I going to have to buy a 2-button mouse. Apple needs to give up the fight and go with 2-buttons.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

As far as I've seen and heard over the last two years, there's no such mechanism for Mac OS X except within browsers. You might try the Universal Access preference panel, though.

3. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

easy.

yeah, control-click an item..

or is this totally irrelevant?

4. MorganX thread starter macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Re: easy.

I accidentally posted a duplicate thread in hardware where we've beaten this one to death. I need a one hand solution. A Microsoft mouse has provided me with what I need. Makes OS X much more efficient for me. Context-sensitive menus are underutilized comparet to Windows but still very useful.

5. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

my mistake, but i can see why people could jump the gun on this one.

Anyways, that mouse any good? i was thinking of getting one.

6. MorganX thread starter macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Excellent. I got the wireless mouse with two-buttons and a scroll wheel. Not the Explorer with the extra buttons. Would have gottent the Bluetooth but it came with a receiver I didn't need.

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

ahh, i already have BT adaptor and i really dread the idea of having to recharge or put batteries in a mouse...

But i will have to upgrade from my one-button pro mouse before it drives me insane (FCP will never forgive me).

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I have yet to need to change the batteries in my MS wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I bought it in December, and now, three months later, they are still working great.