right hand side of my menu bar is BLANK!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by qtip919, Mar 20, 2006.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

ok, Im not sure what happened here, but my menu bar is now blank on the right side...no spotlight, time, etc. - anyone know how to fix this?

Ive rebooted, relaunched finder, etc...nothing

This is horrible...please dont tell me I need to reinstall!!!

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

You need to remove your front row hack. - That's the case 99.9% of the time with this problem.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

try this got system preference> system>date/time>tick the show date/time box then select menu bar or window etc :eek:

4. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

Funny, its been running forever since I downloaded it such a long time ago...i have deleted it, but nothing has changed...

5. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

You probably need to replace the search.bundle file in system/library/coreservices. You may also need to replace systemuiserver.app in the same folder. The latter can be extracted from the 10.4.5 combo update, however search.bundle is not a complete file in that update, so you will have to get it from elsewhere. Send me a PM with your email, and I can send you that file.

It's really not big problem and the solution is pretty simple. It is kind of a scare at first though. The old Front Row should work fine, by the way.

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston