Right MBP speaker crackles/distorted

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by skipsandwichdx, Aug 24, 2006.

1. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

I took my MBP in to the Apple store a few weeks ago because of this. Basically, on certain songs, sounds, etc. the right speaker will sound very distorted. The best way I can describe it is it's like playing sound way too loudly through a speaker. Very annoying.

It's also hard to explain the type of sound triggers it.. but if I turn the balance all the way right and find a particular part of a song that does it, then replay that segment with balance to the left, it sounds fine. The TokyoTrainStation sounds for Adium seem to do it.

What should I do? I already had the speaker replaced (I couldn't tell in the Apple store when I tested it because it was too loud), but this doesn't seem to work like it should.

2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Bring it back and let them know it is still no good

3. Origin macrumors regular

Origin

Funny to read that because I got EXACTLY the same strange behavoir to my right speaker of my MBP too !!

In fact, after opened the beast, it seems that it was a forgotten screw that was magnetically stuck to the speaker !!! inside it, yes ! ... what a surprise ;)

I removed it and ... the sound was great.

4. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

My first MBP had this issue. Apple swapped it out and gave me a new unit which has been fine ever since.