Rightclick with MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crazycat, Apr 10, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    Is there a way i can use a rightlcick with my MacBook Pro without a mouse? Sometimes i would like to use my MBP without a mouse and its hard without a rightclick button and i dont want to use a mouse. Is there a way anyone knows of?
  2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    There are a lot of threads about this, amongst other issues, so can a Mod please make a thread with all sorts of info like this and sticky it?

There are a couple of solutions, the one that I would prefer is this one - http://www.geocities.com/pronto4u/applemouse.html - although there's another one being batted round the forums that involves you holding down the mouse button to switch to right click, then holding down to switch to left, or summat like that :confused: I'd recommend the one I linked to, as it's much more natural for a Mac user
  3. BillyShears macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2003
  4. MOFS macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2003
    Durham, UK
    Am I missing something or is CTRL + click not an option? Thats the default "right click" on a Mac:confused:
  5. white89gt macrumors regular

Jan 18, 2006
    If you're trying to right click under windows on your MBP, then single click the icon, file, whaterver, and then hit shift + f10. That'll bring up the context menu for that particular item.

if it is in OSX that you're trying to right click, then hit CTRL + mouse click.
  6. fairy lights macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2006
    London, England
    I've got an mbp, and was a bit baffled with the right-click.. or lack thereof. Its ctrl+click to get right click. took me ages to find it tho lol
  7. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Jul 17, 2002
    Corvallis, OR
    A really great utility is SideTrack. It's not available for the MBP yet, though. But they're planning an Intel version of it. It's a replacement driver for the trackpad. I use it on my G4PB, and I have the upper left corner of my trackpad set so I can tap it and it acts as a right click. Also, when I'm in X11 the upper right corner of my trackpad acts as a middle click. It also gives me both vertical and horizontal scrolling, using the right and bottom edges of the trackpad, respectively, like scroll wheels.

Here's hoping that they come out with the MBP version soon!
  8. livecn macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2005
    Hi guys, i've written a little app doing exactly that.

Now I think it's useful for you Mac Book Pro users to run Windows with your Mac laptop.

To download it, goto: http://livecn.huasing.org/imouse/

Best Regards,
  9. jerrito1 macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2006
    To bring up the right-click options, highlight something and press Ctrl+Shift+F10
  10. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

Apr 8, 2006
    Its actually just Shift+F10

11. jerrito1 macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2006
    Yeh, I accidentally put Ctrl :eek: