RIM-Apple hook up coming? - Analyst

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mycatsnameis, Jun 4, 2006.

1. mycatsnameis macrumors newbie

Check it out, the same analyst who forecast the RIM/Intel deal now predicts an Apple/RIM partnership. Could be interesting.

"Senior executives at Intel have recommended that Apple work with RIM, Mr. Misek said in a research note."

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Is there anything to suggest that this is anything more than speculation? An interesting idea. I wonder how Jobs and RIM would feel about it. Such a union over a device with extensions could indeed yield the next big thing.

The funny thing about the next big thing is that where it actually comes from usually surprises us. Who knew when Jobs introduced the iPod that it would take America by storm?

3. mycatsnameis thread starter macrumors newbie

Only that his track record shows he's got connections at Intel and RIM and was right in the past predicting the shift at RIM to Intel processors.

I love the speculation from Gasseé, personally I could see Steve walking into the room and telling RIM that their UI sucks but that he'd be willing to fix it :).

4. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

RIM is Research in Motion (or something like that), the company that makes BlackBerrys.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Research In Motion (RIM), aka the BlackBerry.

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Wow, sounds exciting! Any idea of what type of product they would create together?