Ring came out today!

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Mar 4, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Just wanted to let you guys know the Ring came out today. I came home and popped it in my 20 inch cinema display and it still scares the living s*** out of me even i daylight. i can't wait to get the video from the dvd onto a tap and play it at my girlfriend's house. talk about a funny prank.

iJon

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

lol, it will probably freak her out!:D

It's a good movie, freaky though.

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

nah, I'm more interested in the fact that Ringu is finally out on DVD in the states, I've been waiting for that to come out.

4. bombensington macrumors regular

this was probably the scariest movie i have ever seen. i couldnt sit in the house with the tv not on for a while, i was afraid it would just randomly turn on. ahhhhhhhh super scary.

i felt bad, i saw a midnight showing of it, and the girl we went with had to go home by herself afterwards - that would be more than scary.

i am such a girl. jeesh.

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

its ok, your not a girl. im scared too.

iJon

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Damn, I want to see this movie more than ever now. I've never EVER been scared by a horror movie and if this thing can do the trick, I'll buy 50 copies and scare the crap out of my friends by mailing the copies to them anonymously :)

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. i know you're trying to be all consoling and such... but... that may not be a compliment if she actually IS a girl. heh

i haven't seen the movie yet, but i've heard it was pretty dang cheesy..

8. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

haha boy do i feel dumb. anyways i talked to very few people who thought it was bad. i think scream was the last movie that was pretty cool that was a horror. signs was kind of freaky with the aliens and stuff. thought i woudl post a pic for you guys.

iJon

Attached Files:

9. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

7 DAYS!!! hahahhhahahah!! lol j/k :D

That pic is freaky looking. I saw it the movie twice in the theatres. It did have some cheesy parts, but I still liked it. :D

10. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

omg! i hit quote instead of edit again, and didn't realise it and hit submit reply! this is the second time i did that today! not a good day. ;)sorrry...please delete.

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

signs wasnt too scary. But if I heard that song they play during
    every single scary part, I might get a little freaked out ;).

12. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

did anyone else feel cheapened by this dvd with the lack of extra stuff. and what was up with that extra footage, was that suppose to be deleted scenes, wasnt really sure on that one.

iJon

13. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

the deleted scenes i think they packaged up into the "dont watch this" short film... i was also very excited to pick this up today, just finished watching it... that pic is scary!!! great movie though

14. bombensington macrumors regular

ha ha ha ha ha

yeah, it is definitely made for the mass population...very americanized. pretty cheesy, and some parts are just dumb. but still, very scary. there are parts that just make you jump. really. i saw most of it with my eyes closed.

okay, ijon, that pic is WAY too scary. in fact, i can't scroll down anymore in this thread without covering it up, it just reminds me of some of the scarier parts of the movie.

15. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

hell your scared, i just watched this on my new 20 inch display at night. that was scary as hell.

iJon

16. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

god how scary can a movie be...... I hear the Japanese Ringu is
    much more scary. :eek: ;)

17. vniow macrumors G4

It was cheesy, everybody raved about it and when I saw it I wasn't impressed, I mean, it had a few parts that made me jump a bit, but not as much as I was expecting.

Kept me awake for awhile though.

18. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

is it in all japaneese subtitles or anything. im curious about this movie, but would hate it if its anything like crouching tiger stuff.

iJon

19. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i thought it was just ok...had some scarey parts but really lamed out towards the end.

i hate it when a movie starts out so well....then you can tell they ran out of ideas, time, budget...whatever.

20. rkriheli macrumors member

rkriheli

Ringu

if you all check out Ringu... that isht is the bomb. Love that movie. Just as good as the Ring. I strongly recommend finding a copy of "Dark Water" -- also a Japanese Psychological Horror flick. Great. Leaves quite an impression. I have on VCD.

RK

21. runningman macrumors regular

The don't watch this portion of the movie was very disturbing and interestingly put together. Instead of the normal progression they grouped it almost like it was a dream with stream of consciousness.

22. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

anyone else thing that the cover for the movie sucked?
    it would have been better with just a picture of the well and not the girl screeming
    or the movie poster with the ring and the words, simplicity is the way to go in some of these things.

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

:eek: :eek: YOu would hate it if it wsa like CTHD?!?!?!?! That is
    the best movie ever made........ ever. Your crazy!

Well, yeah I hope Ringu doesn't involve martial arts, but I do hope
    it is as well made as CTHD.

24. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thats cool, i didnt like it though, not because of the sub titles but just the movie itself. it was too unrealistic for my enjoyment. flying over walls and walking on water and on bamboo. it was cool for 30 minutes then i just stopped watching it. just not my type of movie.

iJon

25. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Yeah, same here. I had to order the original three from Japan. Oh well. At least I don't have to change the regions for it.

Here's another scary pic for you guys:

Attached Files: