RINGTONES folder wont show on itunes for my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbond007, Jul 8, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008

I'm new at this forum stuff.

I recently re-installed my imac OSX and since then itunes have been a bit messed up.

I have the latest version of itune installed and everything works fine, except that it wont show RINGTONES, on the top left side on itunes...under Podcast, Radio etc.

When i synced my iphone it deleted the previous ringtones from iphone and i am unable to put any new ones on the phone, because the RINGTONES folder does not exist for me to drag and drop the . mr4 file.

Any idea what, i can do to make RINGTONES appear again on itunes.

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    You don't have the Ringtones tab when you select your iPhone in iTunes? Are you sure you have the newest iTunes, then? It's 7.6.2.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    Yea, its itunes 7.6.2 (9), the latest one i downloaded from the apple site.

its a bit confusing, cus i don't see the tab anymore. I've even installed itunes on the XP side of the Parallel and its the same... it wont show the Ringtones tab. When i look at my iPhone the sync option is checked but still.
  4. macrumors newbie

May 24, 2011

Yeah... I have the same problem... Ringtones folder disappeared and even a major restore won't bring it back...

any help would be sincerely appreciated...

on my old sony-ericsson the whoel custom ringtone making was way much easier... and you could have more than one custom ringtone at a time... c'mon apple...? get with it...!