RIP, iPod Mini? No way, say fans

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 13, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It seems like lately, any time there is some speculation to be written abuot Apple stuff, Shaw Wu gets quoted. Has anyone happened to notice if all his prognostificationalizing and stuff has panned out as halfway acccurate?

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

I dont know, ask Steve Jobs ;) :D

4. macrumors 68030

If someone offered me an iPod mini for a good price, I'd probably take it. The nano is an awesome music player and all, but the iPod mini comes in a better variety of colors. But which one would I like more? Of course the nano...

I hope Apple brings back the multi-color iPods. I never got to own one.

5. macrumors 601

Not much chance. The mini's that are available at retail and on eBay are now going for much more than new prices, it seems.

6. macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

I have a blue one that I may have to put on eBay if things get stupid. I do like the mini. It has a nice size, not too big, not too small. And I also like the aluminum casing.

7. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

OMG, bring back the Model A and Model T Fords, these new ones are just too expensive and made of plastic.

8. macrumors 604

Lacero

9. macrumors Core

i love my mini. i might have to get it a better battery though. it kinda sucks right now. oh well. its still great.

10. macrumors 68030

maestro55

Surgeon General warn's: Drinking my result in lose of commen sense when bidding on online auction sites, such as ebay.com.

But seriously, I wouldn't pay for the mini, but I wouldn't pay for a nano either. If someone is going to pay that much, why not get a 30gig or 60gig iPod? I don't know, the idea of carrying ALL my music around, it is just nifty :)

11. macrumors 65816

Seasought

In McHenry's case, it was to fulfill the Christmas wish of his friend's girlfriend. "She had her heart set on an iPod Mini mainly because they are discontinued, so not many people would have them," he said.

I could see Apple bringing the mini back in some revamped fasion later on...from a 'mac collector' point of view I can understand why people want to get their hands on one (regardless of pure aesthetic taste). Myself, I never really got that excited over them. :)

12. macrumors 601

Actually, I was all set to get a mini as my first iPod when Apple came out with the nano and discontinued the mini. I was sorely disappointed, because I really liked the aluminum case and the 6GB size, but eventually decided to buy a nano. I think Apple would be smart to come out with a color screenv ersion of the mini though.

13. macrumors 65816

When rumors of a new player, which turned out to be the nano, was surfacing I was expecting a 8gig mini. But alas, I just went with an 30gig 5g so alls well that ends well.

14. macrumors 6502a

Interesting article. Too bad the guy thinks a 50% increased run-time is a double life battery.

If you could get the 8GB hard drive for $100 I'd go for it. Maybe next year when my battery needs replacing :)

Greg