Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BPD-FLA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Jacksonville
I am using RipIt to rip some of my DVD's and the file created is .dvdmedia

I am using VisualHub to convert the files to a MP4 format for use in iTunes and Apple TV. The Problem I am having is that sometimes the converter, VisualHub, is saying I cannot convert because it is recognizing it as a folder instead of a file.

Should I be using a different ripping program or different converter?

Any thoughts and help would be great!

Thanks

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Conversion

RipIt now has built-in handbrake conversion. I recommend trying that. I only use visualhub to convert to DVD and also odd formats every now and then.

Toar77

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Apple TV / ATVFlash and Cyberduck

I just purchased an Apple TV this week. I installed ATVFlash. I use Ripit to rip my DVDs. I then use CyberDuck to FTP the complete file to my Apple TV. It works like a charm. ATVFlash loads a program called NitoTV. NitoTV has a complete DVD player built in. The DVDs playback just as they would if I had loaded them into a set top player, menu and all. Another bonus of installing ATVFlash is that I can now use the USB port on the back of the Apple TV for an external drive loaded with ripped DVDs. You may want to give ATVFlash a try.

By the way. If you use CyberDuck use the Bonjour button to find your Apple TV, and the password and user name are the same: frontrow. It took me a few tries to figure those two things out. I just want to save you some time.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.