Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mausegurk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Hi,

I have stored parts of my DVD collection with Ripit to my iMac. Now I want to compress these movies to watch them on our "iClients". I am not sure which preset I shall use in order to get the best quality on all devices. RiptIt has presets for the Apple TV and the iPad.

Our Setup:

40 inch LCD connected to first Apple TV (new Generation)
26 inch LED connected to second Apple TV (new Generation)
2 iPads
2 iPhone 4G

Which preset shall I Use to get the best quality

Thanks!

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Hi,

I have stored parts of my DVD collection with Ripit to my iMac. Now I want to compress these movies to watch them on our "iClients". I am not sure which preset I shall use in order to get the best quality on all devices. RiptIt has presets for the Apple TV and the iPad.

Our Setup:

40 inch LCD connected to first Apple TV (new Generation)
26 inch LED connected to second Apple TV (new Generation)
2 iPads
2 iPhone 4G

Which preset shall I Use to get the best quality

Thanks!

Always use the preset to the lowest quality item.

Mausegurk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Thanks!
Do you think the picture quality of a compressed iPhone preset is nearly the same than the Apple TV or iPad preset? Unfortunately there´s no information inside the application. I even do not know if the iPhone preset is based on the old iPhone screen (?) as the difference between the new iPhone and the iPad is not that much...

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Thanks!
Do you think the picture quality of a compressed iPhone preset is nearly the same than the Apple TV or iPad preset? Unfortunately there´s no information inside the application. I even do not know if the iPhone preset is based on the old iPhone screen (?) as the difference between the new iPhone and the iPad is not that much...

I could be wrong, however with your equipment i believe you can use ATV2 preset.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Yes. The Apple TV2 preset is your best choice for that list and the quality is quite good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.