Ripping an MPEG-4 Stream

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TigerPRO, Oct 22, 2003.

1. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of any program or method of taking an MPEG-4 stream (of a macworld for example), and creating a movie file on your desktop? Because I would really appreciate any help I can get. It does not seem to be a popular idea.

I know QuickTime has an export feature, but it doesn't seem to work on streams. I have had several wierd results after trying it. Has anyone figured this out at all?

P.S. I do have QuickTime Pro.

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I tried QuickTime Pro on movies like this as well, and usually end up without audio. There's some other threads around here that talk about some exporting that may help.

3. bwmpeter macrumors newbie

AVI MPEG Converter

AVI MPEG Converter is a versatile Video Converter which can convert almost any type of video files to AVI, MPEG formats, such as WMV, ASF, 3GP, MOV, VOB, and FLV (Flash Video), etc. It is also can be called AVI to MPEG Converter or MEPG to AVI Converter because AVI and MPEG can be converted each other. As a professional software, MPEG Converter provides you with many unique features, e g. lets you trim any splendid clips or episodes of your favorite videos, crop the unwanted black edges of video, set video output parameters, apply video effects, and capture pictures from your video.

4. MathRulz macrumors regular

If I understand what you want to do, I use Elmedia Player Pro for that purpose. Take a look to see if it will do what you need.
    http://mac.eltima.com/media-player.html