Ripping audio from video

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by NightLord, Jan 17, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

I have some standup comedy shows that I want to rip the audio track from to put them on my ipod mini, does anyone know of a program that'll let me do this?

Thanks a lot :)

2. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Quicktime Pro let's you do this, so does Audio Hijack Pro.

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If they're already in the form of video files, I think ffmpegx (free) also does this.

It would be great if there were an app that in a really simple way (like iSquint level of simplicity) took a DVD of a concert / musical / etc (in which the tracks correspond more or less to the tracks on the soundtrack) and just let you click a button, rip all the chapters into separate AAC files, populate the ID3, and put them in iTunes. But I don't know of anything that simple. :(

Although, in your case, probably what ffmpegx, Audio Hijack, etc, do would be fine.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Brilliant. Thanks a lot to the both of you :D

5. macrumors 6502a

I think iMovie can do this if the original file is in a format that it can understand - import it into iMovie and then export the sound track - go to Share menu, save project as QuickTime movie, go to advanced options and save out as audio (might have to be AIFF but not sure), then drag/drop into iTunes.

6. macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I think you're right, iMovie does have the option to do so.