Ripping BBC Real Streams?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by netdog, Feb 24, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

BBC uses the Real plugin in its own browser to play Radio 4 archived content rather than providing direct files for Real Player or, preferably, for iTunes Podcasts.

Anyway, with IRecordMusic still capture the streams so I can save them to listen on my iPod? I have no way otherwise to actually listen to the BBC content as, when I am connected to the Internet at home, I am too busy doing other things to pay attention to a radio program.

If the above doesn't work, does anybody know of any way to capture these streams and save them as MP3s?

2. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Can hear BBC Radio 4 live but nothing from archives...

The player never gets sent the file on any BBC archives but can hear R4 Live just fine, so I assume it isn't a firewall issue.

Any ideas what is going on here?

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

What I usually do is to attach an MP3 player / recorder to the Line Out and pressing Record on it. Of course, this means not having an iPod (or having something else along with the iPod).

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If iRecordMusic won't do the job, you can use Audio Hijack, Wiretap or this free alternative to record pretty much any sound your Mac wants to make.