Ripping DVD to one VOB

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by elchenuk, Aug 15, 2006.

1. elchenuk macrumors newbie

Can anyone suggest a way for me to rip a DVD and produce just one VOB file. Currently any ripping I do produces 4 or 5 VOB files. Is this possible?

cheers,
    Eddy

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. Axegrinder macrumors regular

Axegrinder

I know that on a PC, DVD Decrypter can do this. I too would like something on the mac that could do the same

4. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

There are tools available to join VOB files toegether, i used it to joint all of the extended lord of the rings movied toegether in one huge and i repeat huge file:cool:

5. xwingsct macrumors member

I have the same question. On PC I normally rip it with Decrypter (except new Sony disc with new encryption) in ISO mode and I just mount it with Daemon tools when I want to play back or burn.
    Is there a way to do the same in Mac?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

simplyburns' newest version can do that.:)

7. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

take a look at your VOB files - you'll notice all except the last one do not break the 1Gb limit. this is because of the way DVDs were designed, any file over that boundary is technically 'out of spec', and while it may play ok, some hardware may have trouble reading it.

however, if you're not burning it back on to a disc, it shouldn't be a problem to concatenate them. a quick google found me a few apps that would do it. ;)