Ripping to DVD question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobbyboulders, Jan 3, 2007.

1. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2006
    hey guys, pretty newbie question i guess, im extremely new to all this stuff and wouldnt know where to start....

basically i would like to know if there is a way to rip .avi files to dvd? One of my friends is going to get me Toast 7 Titanium (he gets a discount or something), can i do it with this app?

i just want to convert some of my .avi files to dvd so i can put it into my dvd player and watch it on my t.v.

thanks in advance
  2. czeluff macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2006
    thatll work

yes, Toast will do it....but....

I just barely deleted Toast because I found a free program called "Burn" that does all the things Toast does, but takes up less space, is faster, and FREE.

3. bobbyboulders thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2006
    #3 'Burn' will do all the things 'Toast 7 Titanium' does And takes up less space??.....soooo should i even get Toast 7 Titanium?

The 'free' thing isnt an issue because my friend is getting me Toast 7 Titanium as a present.......but again if Burn is better, then i might as well tell him to get me another app (that i would actually use...)

thanks for responding :)
  4. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    If you have the right codecs so that Quicktime can play your avi file, you can burn them through iDVD.

If you ask me, I would ask for another software as a gift. :)
  5. bobbyboulders thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2006
  6. GITANAJAVA macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2006
    Have ibrik, will travel.
    Anyone have a link to the previously mentioned software "Burn"? Have Toast, but I'd like to self-test some comparisons.
  7. Porco macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2005