ripping TV DVDS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derajfast, Oct 5, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    i have a bunch of tv shows on DVD (simpsons seinfeld lost doug king of the hill curb your enthusiasm) that i want to rip to my hard drive to backup....however, id like to get rid of the menus but that is the only way i know how of ripping these since its not one main feature liek a movie.....for a movie, i usually rip it without the menu with handbrake so i just get one small clickable compressed quicktime mpeg like to do the same thing with episodes though, and have each individual episode its own separate file that i can would i do this with either handbrake or mac the ripper? id like to keep each episode around 150-200mb......thanks!
  2. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    You can configure Handbrake to only rip a certain set of chapters at a time. I think the only limitation is that they have to be sequential. Just figure out which chapters correspond to one full episode and rip only those, and you'll be set.
  3. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    yeah i just figured that there a way i can set this to do it automatically? so that it will rip chapter 1, then 2, then 3 without me having to come back and tell it? ive been trying to get automator to work, but i dont think it works with i just have to do it manually everytime i want to rip a new chapter? thanks