Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
i have a bunch of tv shows on DVD (simpsons seinfeld lost doug king of the hill curb your enthusiasm) that i want to rip to my hard drive to backup....however, id like to get rid of the menus but that is the only way i know how of ripping these since its not one main feature liek a movie.....for a movie, i usually rip it without the menu with handbrake so i just get one small clickable compressed quicktime mpeg file....id like to do the same thing with episodes though, and have each individual episode its own separate file that i can name......how would i do this with either handbrake or mac the ripper? id like to keep each episode around 150-200mb......thanks!

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
derajfast said:
i have a bunch of tv shows on DVD (simpsons seinfeld lost doug king of the hill curb your enthusiasm) that i want to rip to my hard drive to backup....however, id like to get rid of the menus but that is the only way i know how of ripping these since its not one main feature liek a movie.....for a movie, i usually rip it without the menu with handbrake so i just get one small clickable compressed quicktime mpeg file....id like to do the same thing with episodes though, and have each individual episode its own separate file that i can name......how would i do this with either handbrake or mac the ripper? id like to keep each episode around 150-200mb......thanks!

You can configure Handbrake to only rip a certain set of chapters at a time. I think the only limitation is that they have to be sequential. Just figure out which chapters correspond to one full episode and rip only those, and you'll be set.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
yeah i just figured that out.....is there a way i can set this to do it automatically? so that it will rip chapter 1, then 2, then 3 without me having to come back and tell it? ive been trying to get automator to work, but i dont think it works with handbrake.......do i just have to do it manually everytime i want to rip a new chapter? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.