Ripping Very Slow - iTunes 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Sep 14, 2006.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

As you know there's been a few "bugs" reported about the new iTunes, but has anyone else found that ripping/importing music into iTunes very slow?

Usually a CD 15 tracks would import at 10x (whatever that means, i just remember seeing it in the bar) but now it averages out at 5-6x, and that's with no other program open or iTunes playing music as it imports.

Also, i think this has also affected the Ripping of DVD with the program Handbrake. It's the latest version and yesterday it took 2 1/2 hours to import one episode of Veronica Mars. Just ripping, Pirates of Caribbean at better screen resolution, and its been going for 2 hours already and has another 3hours to go?

Can this be right?
    This has only happened since upgrading to iTunes 7. Anyone else having similar problems?

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

What machine do you have? Ripping a movie using Handbrake normally takes a good 5 hours for me, on my lowly Mini G4 1.25 Ghz :eek:

3. Queso macrumors G4

If it's also making Handbrake slow, I'd say it's more a problem with QuickTime 7.1.3 than iTunes. Report it to Apple.

4. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I'm using a PowerBook G4, 1.67GHz, 1GB DDR SDRAM.

Glad to see that "5 hours" seems to be the average ripping speed for movies using handbrake.
    Now just wondering why iTunes has slowed down.
    THANKS

5. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge