Rise of the Nations

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frozone, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Frozone macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if this game is coming to Mac? I just heard about it on xPlay and it looked really awesome and they gave it a 5 out of 5. In there opinions it was better than WarCraft III, Age of Mythology, and all of the other previous games of that such.

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I've played it on PC and it's a really fun game. There are no plans at this time to port the game that i know of.

3. Frozone thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, the thing that really caught my attention was that you can play in modern day with Nuclear Missiles and Planes and also play way back when.

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You might want to check this week's news. I thought that I was reading about it as one of two games that was either announced or being ported.

6. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

If it is actually being ported I'd be impressed.

7. cubist macrumors 68020

Rise of Nations is the next step of evolution from Age of Empires and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. It has a lot of new features which were copied from Civilization III, yet it's "real-time" so you can play a game in two or three hours. The national borders, espionage, wonders, national characteristics, all big improvements.

I like it a lot. I think it's the best "real-time-strategy" game available at this time.