Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shamgar

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2015
The DX12 DLL is already there, seems like just waiting for the final update, then we can play this game in DX12. My dual 7950 is waiting for it :D
DX12 delivered a 20% framerate boost for my Mac Pro 3.33 hex core. It was consistent. Some areas were worse off, but it was an overall improvement. I was rather impressed.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
It's nice to have a 980Ti. Since my Mac mainly use GPU for FCPX, so I stay with AMD (dual 7950). And now I have to wait for the future update that makes RoTR support multi GPU in DX12. :confused:

Shamgar

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2015
It is nice.

One good thing for you is that AMD cards tend to show higher gains in DX12 than Nvidia cards. Nvidia's driver stack was already pretty optimized. The gains I saw came from spreading out the workload from a single older core to my multitude of cores. AMD gets those gains, plus a significant efficiency boost in their drivers.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
If you read a bit more thoroughly, you might notice that you missed a very important detail…

They announced Tomb Raider for Linux, i.e. the one we already have for Mac, not Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Haha, yeah you're right. Now I feel dumb. But they should have named it Tomb Raider 2 instead of Rise of The Tomb Raider to avoid this! Not my fault! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.