Rob Blagojevich The Drama Continues..

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

so Rob being impeachments procedings have begun and yet neither him or his defense team were there he was every morning show on tv and Larry King tonight still thinking he has done nothing wrong and Quoting the Gov "I've been criticized for this, but I'm not comparing myself to Dr. King or Nelson Mandela or Mahatma Gandhi, but I tried to reach in to history and imagine some inspiring figures that would have gone through something like I was going through for sustenance and inspiration."

seriously what stuff is this guy on if he is so innocent just prove it to the cort and impeachment trials
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/26/blagojevich.tv/index.html
    i cant wait to see what John Stewart will do with this tonight ;)

2. macrumors G5

leekohler

Blago is insane. It should be obvious by now. Hopefully he's gone by the end of the week. He's an embarrassment.

3. macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    well crazy or not he does make a good point:

"So I'm going to fight to the finish because there's a bigger principle here and it's this: Can a legislature take out a governor elected by the people two times without giving that governor a chance to confront witnesses, bring witnesses in and prove his innocence?"

he already bit#@slapped the senate democrats with his appointment of Burris...

i'm pretty certain there's some political peeps wishing they had the keys to peabody and sherman's waback machine right about now...

5. macrumors regular

According to the news reports on the impeachment process, that's exactly the process that the legislature follows. Rod gets his chance to present witnesses and actually have a normal trial when the Feds get to him on criminal charges.

6. macrumors regular

It seems to me that he (Rod blagoaladkf) is simply trying to play on the publics ignorance of impeachment proceedings. This is not a civil court/criminal court case.

That said, I would like to hear the recordings unabridged.

7. macrumors G5

leekohler

If he wanted to defend himself, perhaps he should have attended the impeachment hearings yesterday instead of appearing on The View. :mad:
    He's an idiot and an embarrassment.

8. macrumors regular

He had the chance to file a request for documents, witnesses or subpoenas but missed the deadline. article

As leekohler said, perhaps he should stop grandstanding on The View.

9. macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly. This guy's been a no-show for his own defense all along. He's a whiny wacko who'd better be gone by the end of the week.

10. macrumors G5

yg17

11. macrumors 68030

gibbz

Well, he can face accusers, just not ones that the Feds don't oppose because they will be in the criminal case.

Now, I am no apologist for Blagojevich (I live in OK and couldn't really care less about Illinois politics) but I am a bit discouraged by the court of public opinion.

This country's justice system is supposedly based on innocent until proven guilty. This case, however, is yet another example of guilty until proven innocent. I realize that the Feds have shown some seemingly damning audio evidence, but there are countless cases in this country when the prosecution is wrong and still pursues charges against innocent people.

I just find it disturbing that as soon as charges are brought against someone, it is assumed that they are guilty. Analysts come on saying how sad it is that a person would do such a thing, etc.. Never mind that the person has yet to have been proven to do that which he is accused to have done. It certainly isn't comforting to think what kind of fair trial anyone might get with the court of public opinion what it is today.

12. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sure we all remember that that terrible time when Gandhi was impeached. :rolleyes:

This man is so full of himself it's absolutely disgusting. The sooner he's gone, the better.

13. macrumors 65816

it5five

He's supposed to be on Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC tonight. If he actually shows up and doesn't cancel on her it will probably be one of the best/amusing interviews he's given, considering she has spent a considerable amount of time covering him the last few weeks and she can be a pretty tough person to BS.

14. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Someone should remind him that this "absence technique" didn't turn-out so well for Saddam Hussein.

15. thread starter macrumors 68020

Hah i dont know who has more hair Cousin it or Blago:D

by the way Stewart had a funny segment with him tonight ill post the link up in the morning when its up

16. macrumors G3

Counterfit

It didn't work for these geniuses either.

17. macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I don't know how he does it, but Blagojevich has now become officially the laughingstock of both the political Right AND Left. :rolleyes:

18. thread starter macrumors 68020

19. thread starter macrumors 68020

20. thread starter macrumors 68020

Rod has now been Empached a Unanimous vote it seemed like and they have a new Gov Lined up.

21. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The Illinois legislature does not pick a new governor, the Lt. Gov. takes over.

Link

22. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Nice touch. :eek:

I hope no one is standing under him when he jumps.

Politicians can't make it in the real World, that's why they enter politics.

23. macrumors 6502

stevento

actually that's a mistake a lot of people have been making. I've seen and heard a lot of people say and write Roy Blagojevich.

24. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Likely unconstitutional.

25. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

"Prevent" is not quite the same as "forbid/ban". ;)