Robertson Says Giuliani Would Be 'Good President'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, May 2, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-robertson2may02,1,7606032.story

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh but it gets better! Apparently Robertson also said this:
    As Atrios notes:
    Any liberal who made that claim would be forced from whatever organization that gave them a platform to say it, but Robertson gets to keep on keepin' on... It's disgusting.

3. katchow macrumors 6502

i didn't realize there were any other issues.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

There are actually three issues that matter to the social right. God, gays, and guns.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It actually might not be a bad idea to find a *very* liberal Muslim judge (there have to be a few out there, right?) and nominate her (OK, now I'm probably dreaming) to a high appellate court, then scream racism when the right (rightly) flips out over her out-of-the-mainstream judicial opinion.

Or better yet, find a moderately left-of-center Muslim for the job.

6. katchow macrumors 6502

i was under the impression that he favored gun-control too. with three strikes what's left, aside from those great photos after 9/11?

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's why Guiliani is a losing candidate for the GOP. No matter what Robertson says, evangelicals and rednecks will stay home rather than vote for a pro-choice, pro-gun-control guy who's soft on gays too.

8. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

So, essentially.... the increasingly marginalized bulk of the GOP: Moderates are not a factor in determining a GOP candidate. I can see this... Being that the GOP machine is currently still in debt to the religious bleeding-right-edge.

Now if someone could just talk W into growing an odd little moustache no wider than his nose...

9. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And Giuliani?

In fact I just lost whatever respect I had for Rudy Giuliani, now that I know who calls him "a very good friend."

I wonder whether Rudy will disavow his "very good friend" Pat Robertson's characterization of Muslims?

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Anyone else remember the stink theliberalmedia made about comments made by Whoopi Goldberg that were deemed inappropriate? Democrats were forced to disavow her comments, and they were linked to John Kerry as if he'd said them. Yet have we heard more than a peep out of theliberalmedia over this? It's been widely reported on lefty blogs but on the MSM?

And lest we forget, Whoopi was never a Democratic Presidential hopeful. Robertson was.