Robosaurus!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, May 7, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I remember an episode of the Simpson's where Homer and family go to a Monster Truck Show and their car gets eaten but a mechanical car eating dinosaur - Truckasuraus....

Who would have thought is was real? :confused: :confused: :eek:

http://www.robosaurus.com/

D

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    I see you've never went to the monster truck rally's back in the day... I remember seeing it at the Coloseum here in LA once, when i was like 12 or something... back when Bear Foot was still Big Foot.

3. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

did you check out the booking page? the punctuation in the header is priceless.

Can lift a junk car overhead 50 feet up in the air! (or 5 stories?)

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm sure it was put on the Simpsons because someone thought it was funny - I was just a bit surprised to realize that it was real and not someone's joke.

Again, proof that reality is stranger than fiction :D

D

5. iGav macrumors G3

someone should make a Zoid... a big BIG ZOID!! :D

6. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Yeah it's real, and it is totally lame. I got invited to one of these redneck fests because my friend got some free tickets. The show wasn't that bad, it was really loud and had a lot of distruction. Stupid entertainment, but entertainment nonetheless.

But then they brought Truckasaraus (Spelling?) out.

This tank thing slowly comes out to the center of the ring, slowly being the key word. It was like watching the hour hand of a clock, you know it's moving, but you could swear it isn't. Then one half of the top opens up very slowly...then the other half very slowly...then its left arm comes out very slowly...then its right arm very slowly...

Anyway, you get the idea, it takes like 15 minutes for this thing to slowly "build" itself. But get this, they actually bring out a crane and place a car in it's hand. He doesn't even pick it up. He then puts it in his mouth, slowly chomps on it until it is ripped in half and then you have to wait another 15 minutes for it to 'debuild' itself and leave.

Like I said, megalame.

P-Worm

7. Awimoway macrumors 65816

That's pathetic. Did anyone boo?

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I did, but it got muffle by all the cheers by the rednecks. :eek:

P-Worm

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was disappointed, all it did was flame the car and drop it to the ground. Don't think it's ready for prime-time yet.